2015 ram lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Your Dingo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hello everybody, been a long time reader and a first-time poster. I have a 2015 ram that has had some serious issues with the lighting. After doing a lot of digging, this year specifically was cursed with insufficient power to the headlights and turn signals. I bought my truck new, and had about four sets of headlights installed from the dealership due to a bulb out error. Shortly after that I got the Alpha obd. I then bumped up the voltage output from the BCM, put LED headlights in, and I never had a problem after that. Now my problem is with the turn signals. There's many sources for the headlight voltage (basically flashing it for a 2016+) but I can't find anything on the turn signal voltage (front or rear) I currently have LED bulbs in my turn signals, and occasionally I'll get a bulb out message. I really don't want to go to the dealership and "test drive" one just to put a volt meter on the turn signal. All the dealerships I called want me to bring the truck in because it's going to cost the tech time to figure out. I don't want to guess on the voltage and run the risk of a fire either. Anything helps, and I appreciate all the guru's on this forum.

OP
OP
Y

Your Dingo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Update, the BCM shows the front turn signals on my 2015 is 13V. However I measured the pigtails reading with a meter, and it showed 12.26. I don't have an exact number to set it to, to remedy the issue, but what I will say is that I bumped the BCM to 13.2V. I just did the change, and all of this is trial and error. Didn't wanna go too steep, but the only other option on alfa was a .2 increase. I hope this helps