2015 ram outdoorsman 3.6L electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhmadden01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hey guys, I have an electrical problem with my truck and I have no idea where to start, I am having intermediate power to my wipers and I have a left headlight and right tail light out. The high beams and blinkers still work, brake light still lights up when I apply the brakes and I am getting 12v to the wiper motor. I have check all of the fuses and I have looked over the diagram on the fuse box and can not find a relay for the wipers unless it is a box I can not locate. Any help would be appreciated.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
It's not exactly something you can get into and mess with. It's basically programmed boards in sealed boxes that have relays soldered to them its a known issue with these trucks. The bcm is in the passenger side footwell. If you do a site search you will find loads of information on the problems and solution with these. It sounds mostly like a tipm Issue, the tipm has basically two relay circuits in one double relay setup, sometimes one burns the other out and you have constant power on and real wonky stuff happen. It's a poor design, personally never dealt with it but seen it a million times with others.
Hope this steers ya in the right direction. Keep us posted so others can see the end solution :)

OP
OP
D

dhmadden01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I will definitely keep you up dated? Would you know if this is something I can change myself or does a shop have to do it?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
You can change it yourself. I'm not sure if there is a relearn/program process but that'd be pretty easy. I know @Hemi395 has changed his out though he will know a bit more about it and chime in once he gets this ;)

OP
OP
D

dhmadden01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
It's not exactly something you can get into and mess with. It's basically programmed boards in sealed boxes that have relays soldered to them its a known issue with these trucks. The bcm is in the passenger side footwell. If you do a site search you will find loads of information on the problems and solution with these. It sounds mostly like a tipm Issue, the tipm has basically two relay circuits in one double relay setup, sometimes one burns the other out and you have constant power on and real wonky stuff happen. It's a poor design, personally never dealt with it but seen it a million times with others.
Hope this steers ya in the right direction. Keep us posted so others can see the end solution :)
UPDATE: I finally got the fuse box in and replaced. They have been back ordered since I made the post. I ordered it through a dealership where I use to work so I still get employee discounts there and that's where I get all of the big stuff. Anyways they ordered it from my Vin so it come preloaded with all of the fuses my truck has so it was a plug and play type installation. No relearning or ECU flas needed. And that was the issue everything works as it should now. Thank you guys for all of the info