2016 1500 radio wiring diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi,
After being convinced to put in an amp, I need some help wiring my Audio control Lc6i. I have the base system, not the Alpine .
I want to pull he speaker signals from the back of the HU.

Can someone direct me to the corresponding wire colors for my model year?

Does the HU have separate speaker wires to the front door and the dash? or do they split after the HU?

I just need to know which wires to hook up to the Lc6. I know it sums the signals, but I'd like to have full signal going to it from all channels for peace of mind.

thanks

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Front door and dash speakers spit after the Hu.

Thanks.
Now I just need the wire colors
There are inconsistencies in the websites I find.
Some show separate wires for the dash, some show only 4 speakers, and some are the wrong year.

Anyone know if the colors are the same for the base stereo from 2014?

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are 4 pair of speaker wires coming off the back of the head unit. I had to live thru this last year.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1161/2102/files/Vehicle_Connector_Pin_Out.pdf?3294944065929771334

its the last set of pins on the chart when you zoom in. the front speakers i believe are split off the door speakers, but I cannot remember.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for or if you need something else.
if you need a jumper harness- as in to go in the middle- I have my old lockpick harness I might can give you a good deal on, since my lockpick itself is out of date now and i need to buy a new one, but it has the female and male ends on it, with all the wires, so you can add anything you want without splicing the FACTORY wires.

OP
OP
B

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There are 4 pair of speaker wires coming off the back of the head unit. I had to live thru this last year.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1161/2102/files/Vehicle_Connector_Pin_Out.pdf?3294944065929771334

its the last set of pins on the chart when you zoom in. the front speakers i believe are split off the door speakers, but I cannot remember.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for or if you need something else.
if you need a jumper harness- as in to go in the middle- I have my old lockpick harness I might can give you a good deal on, since my lockpick itself is out of date now and i need to buy a new one, but it has the female and male ends on it, with all the wires, so you can add anything you want without splicing the FACTORY wires.
That's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you.
If you have a harness that will make it easier, please PM me the details. I'm all about making it easier to install. thanks again

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's actully pretty simple to figure out.

You'll see the 4 sets of wire together on the plug, one with and one without a black line..
Like green wire - green wire with a black line
white and white with black..

Those will be your speaker wires. But you have the diagram now so it's even easier.

OP
OP
B

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you for all of your help (especially Ramgirl76) with the system build.
In the end, I will have a decent-sounding system so my wife can stop ridiculing me after changing out the speakers.

OP
OP
B

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
well, the lockpick harness didn't work as intended. You can't just splice into the lockpick harness as it won't send power to the HU without the module. The diagram was awesome to use as it let me tap into the factory harness without much guessing. I had to use the LC6 to sum the front and rear channels as the front channels are NOT full range. still tuning the system as it sounds hollow and maybe very slightly echoed. I will look at the speaker phasing next. it is much louder and detailed, the staging just seems to be off

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
well, the lockpick harness didn't work as intended. You can't just splice into the lockpick harness as it won't send power to the HU without the module. The diagram was awesome to use as it let me tap into the factory harness without much guessing. I had to use the LC6 to sum the front and rear channels as the front channels are NOT full range. still tuning the system as it sounds hollow and maybe very slightly echoed. I will look at the speaker phasing next. it is much louder and detailed, the staging just seems to be off

I have the same OEM setup and mine are full range in the front.

OP
OP
B

b5rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the same OEM setup and mine are full range in the front.
After summing, you can definitely tell the difference between the front and back speaker signal. Center or full rear balance has full range to the fronts. Full front balance sounds anemic and without any bass to front speakers. Very noticeable. I don't have any other measuring device but my ears (and my wife's complaints), but that's my inference.

James3117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So basically your not going to get a "Full range signal out of these trucks? I just bought the lc7i and a Alpine 4 channel amp to go with my Mopar/Kicker speaker upgrade. My truck is a 2014 ram 1500 5.7 quad cab with the 8.4 RA4 with base audio system.

Confusedirish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you happen to have the wiring diagram for the PBT-GF15 harness, the one you have posted is for the 30

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you happen to have the wiring diagram for the PBT-GF15 harness, the one you have posted is for the 30
Are you looking for this
After summing, you can definitely tell the difference between the front and back speaker signal. Center or full rear balance has full range to the fronts. Full front balance sounds anemic and without any bass to front speakers. Very noticeable. I don't have any other measuring device but my ears (and my wife's complaints), but that's my inference.
Resurrecting old post. I put in an audio control dm 4.800 for the front component 3 way set up. With a dsp this is still a mother f**** to figure out. If you tap the left and right audio signal pre-amp you have no volume control. Its done through the can bus, at the amp, i believe. And then there is the matter of cross over points from the alpine amp.

No full range signal is available unless you grab front dash door and rear. But in hind sight, it i had grabbed signal for the sub, and the front summed, im thinking the low range would have been better off, and I may redo it someday.

Pre amp, at HU I did get full range signal with the GR and GR/BK

Im baffled by this setup. Just stupid. I have to use the rear doors and front doors summed for my sub amp output RCAs. Should have just used an LC2i and the factory wiring *HINT* and I have the dash and doors summed for the front speakers, which I would up doing the crossover points with the amp only. Other wise my kappa perfects sounded like trash with the infinity crossovers. Its still a mystery to me since I just transferred it from a 2015 sport base audio to a 2017 alpine, and it sounded so much better and was easier in the base model 6 speaker.

The 6 speaker dash is in parallel with the door and then there is the rear. 4 wires. And RAM is supper awesome in that they put the same cab wiring in every truck express to laramie. You will find a subwoofer plug under your carpet. its just not pinned at the front harness.
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but I used it to find out that you lose volume control if you tap signal before the OE amp

Screenshot_20200709-010659_Drive.jpg

RamKing70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you looking for this

Resurrecting old post. I put in an audio control dm 4.800 for the front component 3 way set up. With a dsp this is still a mother f**** to figure out. If you tap the left and right audio signal pre-amp you have no volume control. Its done through the can bus, at the amp, i believe. And then there is the matter of cross over points from the alpine amp.

No full range signal is available unless you grab front dash door and rear. But in hind sight, it i had grabbed signal for the sub, and the front summed, im thinking the low range would have been better off, and I may redo it someday.

Pre amp, at HU I did get full range signal with the GR and GR/BK

Im baffled by this setup. Just stupid. I have to use the rear doors and front doors summed for my sub amp output RCAs. Should have just used an LC2i and the factory wiring *HINT* and I have the dash and doors summed for the front speakers, which I would up doing the crossover points with the amp only. Other wise my kappa perfects sounded like trash with the infinity crossovers. Its still a mystery to me since I just transferred it from a 2015 sport base audio to a 2017 alpine, and it sounded so much better and was easier in the base model 6 speaker.

The 6 speaker dash is in parallel with the door and then there is the rear. 4 wires. And RAM is supper awesome in that they put the same cab wiring in every truck express to laramie. You will find a subwoofer plug under your carpet. its just not pinned at the front harness.

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but I used it to find out that you lose volume control if you tap signal before the OE amp

View attachment 214707

Where is this plug under the carpet located???

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We're you referring to the factory sub plug? My head wasn't on straight. Open the rear passenger side door, fold up the seat, and fold flat tray if necessary. Pull out the black fir tree style plastic tabs that hold the carpet edge down around the area that does the 90° curve, it will be there. Right where the sub connection would be. There is also a slit in the carpet, if you get lucky or know what you are aiming for and get lucky, you can fish it out from that slit.

RamKing70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We're you referring to the factory sub plug? My head wasn't on straight. Open the rear passenger side door, fold up the seat, and fold flat tray if necessary. Pull out the black fir tree style plastic tabs that hold the carpet edge down around the area that does the 90° curve, it will be there. Right where the sub connection would be. There is also a slit in the carpet, if you get lucky or know what you are aiming for and get lucky, you can fish it out from that slit.

Thank you. I ended up not looking for it, but now I know... I went right for the rear speaker wires. Worked for my needs.

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a hiccup in it with the 6 speaker base system. You need to add the pins in the connector at the passenger kick panel. So if you are in the dash already and don't want to run wire all the way to the back its good for that also. But I think it would be a lot more time consuming, a lot more, for anyone that hasn't done it a couple times.

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So basically your not going to get a "Full range signal out of these trucks? I just bought the lc7i and a Alpine 4 channel amp to go with my Mopar/Kicker speaker upgrade. My truck is a 2014 ram 1500 5.7 quad cab with the 8.4 RA4 with base audio system.
Oh, dang it. With the base system you get a full range. Much better than the alpine anyways. I'm almost positive it's the full range, it seemed to be when using my DSP. The alpine summing was a 2 day ordeal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye