2016 8.4 VP3 CA with Navigation Radio *SOLD*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 8.4 VP3 CA with Navigation activated. This radio is out of a Canadian truck that is why the model is a VP3 CA. I have the unlock code and can provide the VIN of my truck that it came out of. I upgraded to a 2018 UAQ model is the only reason for selling it. The radio is in excellent physical and working condition, it looks brand new.

Part number on the label shows 68258676AH, in the settings menu it shows 68258676AJ, I am not sure why the last digit is different. You can see from the pictures that the Nav is activated. It is on software 17.43.01.

If you have any questions just ask, the radio is located in Cincinnati, OH area you are welcome to pick it up if you are local or I can ship it.

I am asking $300 plus shipping.

VP3 Radio (1).JPG VP3 Radio (2).JPG VP3 Radio (3).JPG VP3 Radio (4).JPG VP3 Radio (5).JPG

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
What are the Canadian model vs a US model differences?

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I think mainly no cell card. There are even usa radios that have no cell card. Is rare but they do exist, I have a 2013 vp3 8.4 usa built, but no cell card too from a Hawaii built truck with uconnect and xm deleated that I upgraded to a 2015 8.4 vp4.

OP
OP
B

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the Canadian model vs a US model differences?

I think it is mainly the cell features that you have subscribe to like traffic link. It does have satellite radio that works great. It was still working when pulled from the truck last week but I have no idea how much longer since I never subscribed.

It is a VP3 but the Navigation has been activated so I think the only feature it is missing is the HD radio. It does have the button to show the rear camera on the screen when not in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can also include my factory hub with the USB, AUX and SD Card slots.

s-l300.jpg

OP
OP
B

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly curious...I thought I had this priced really well and that it would sell quickly, is this not a good price?

I realize that it is a VP3 but the Nav is activated so basically it is like a VP4 minus HD Radio. It is a CA model but works in an US truck minus the cell features correct?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Honestly curious...I thought I had this priced really well and that it would sell quickly, is this not a good price?

I realize that it is a VP3 but the Nav is activated so basically it is like a VP4 minus HD Radio. It is a CA model but works in an US truck minus the cell features correct?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

I think that’s a pretty good price for VP3 w/nav. The fact it is Canadian May keep some people away, but other than HD radio, people really aren’t losing any features. If you are upgrading to a VP3 or VP4 you can’t get uconnect anyway and if they want to get the cell service, they have to swap antenna, which MOST people don’t do.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i think you're unit price is fair. I am in Canada and was very interested until I priced out the damn bezel. (not on ebay just some general searches). If I recall it was either high 200's or low 300's u.s. so that stopped me in my tracks. And I hadn't even looked yet about what other stuff I'd need to buy. Seems to me you need someone interested who wants this for a backup or replacement vs conversion which is what a lot of people are probably looking for. Someone will buy it from you. Just will take time:)

FlatbedHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So this unit does NOT have Uconnect? I am confused. Does it still have Bluetooth connectivity and hands free phone operation?

OP
OP
B

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this unit does NOT have Uconnect? I am confused. Does it still have Bluetooth connectivity and hands free phone operation?

It has Bluetooth and hands free connectivity, it doesn’t have Uconnect connected services that requires a subscription like live traffic.

FlatbedHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It has Bluetooth and hands free connectivity, it doesn’t have Uconnect connected services that requires a subscription like live traffic.

OK, so the Uconnect services are the stuff yo have to pay for? I always thought it was for the phone connectivity. Im a slow learner I guess.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
OK, so the Uconnect services are the stuff yo have to pay for? I always thought it was for the phone connectivity. Im a slow learner I guess.
Yeah man. Uconnect you have to pay for. Kinda like serious radio and the wifi. The phone connectivity is there even if you don’t subscribe to uconnect

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

You would get Bluetooth and Sirius XM(you have to pay). If you currently have the VP2, you would get the same uconnect features, you would not lose anything.

You can’t subscribe to uconnect, which means you can’t use your phone to start your truck or lock the doors from anywhere in the world. Lol. Or get WiFi services. Other than those 3 things, I’m not sure what you get with your $150 a year uconnect subscription.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You would get Bluetooth and Sirius XM(you have to pay). If you currently have the VP2, you would get the same uconnect features, you would not lose anything.

You can’t subscribe to uconnect, which means you can’t use your phone to start your truck or lock the doors from anywhere in the world. Lol. Or get WiFi services. Other than those 3 things, I’m not sure what you get with your $150 a year uconnect subscription.

You get the pleasure of helping keep them in business and a warm fuzzy feeling, of course! Speaking of subscrips, I was excited to have a Sirius XM trial in my Ram until this October. Lots of time to try it out. Now, I used to work in all aspects of radio for 31 yrs so when it comes to pop and rock songs, there's not much I haven't heard about a zillion times. So the first month was pretty cool. I was hearing lots of one hit wonders I had forgotten about and thought, well that's cool. Then I realized for some reason out of allllllll the oldies and such they have to choose from, they choose to play the same boz scaggs, gerry rafferty songs like times a day on yacht radio (don't judge..I'm 57). If I hear Baker Street one more time in my life I'll scream.

The only reason I listen to it now is to see if I can catch some more one hit wonders that I have forgotten about that i can scramble and buy off Itunes before Apple scraps that!

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You definitely get a lot of one off songs. It’s still better my local FM and when I travel to 2 different hunting spots I get zero FM. So for $5 a month, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.