2016 hemi engine cover removal question…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exhaustive search turned up absolutely nothing. I’m sure it’s simple but I don’t want to go tearing into stuff without either a video or step-by-step instructions. I bought colored vinyl letters for the engine cover. Don’t really feel like leaning over and trying to line it up, would much rather move and do it in the shop.

Does anyone have a link to a video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
deckartist is very easy to remove the cover you may have to remove the air intake tube be careful with the air connector then lift the cover front first and slide it from the two grommets at the rear be careful with the hoses under the cover to re install use the reverse of the removal make sure the rear pins slide into grommets i hope it will help good luck

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Moe’s video for Vararam Air Grabber intake
showing engine cover removal in the beginning
looks like you want to remove intake pipe for proper clearance height

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would like to see pictures of your finished product.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Exhaustive search turned up absolutely nothing. I’m sure it’s simple but I don’t want to go tearing into stuff without either a video or step-by-step instructions. I bought colored vinyl letters for the engine cover. Don’t really feel like leaning over and trying to line it up, would much rather move and do it in the shop.

Does anyone have a link to a video?

Where you live,i'd just leave it off,it's nothing but a dress-up piece that traps heat,and contributes to intake manifold heat soak.Keep the engine clean,and they actually don't look that bad,they're not big block chevy good looking,but the actual engine itself isn't really all that ugly or hard to look at,lol

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where you live,i'd just leave it off,it's nothing but a dress-up piece that traps heat,and contributes to intake manifold heat soak.Keep the engine clean,and they actually don't look that bad,they're not big block chevy good looking,but the actual engine itself isn't really all that ugly or hard to look at,lol

Its the "keep it clean" part thats a pain to remember to do most of the time...lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Its the "keep it clean" part thats a pain to remember to do most of the time...lol

Open the hood when you go through a car wash.Easy to keep them clean if you do that,lol. Car wash isn't going to hurt it anymore then driving it in the rain will.

OP
OP
DeckArtist

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too late...traded it for a 2020 Rebel. I doubt the vinyl will fit the new one.