2017 1500 Dead Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve read through a few of the older post concerning battery replacements. Seems the majority of the members are recommending the AGM battery to replace the OEM. With so many different AGM batteries to choose from. Which do you guys recommend and why? Optima, Interstate, AC Delco etc. Don’t think I want another Mopar OEM Battery and my dealer don’t have a AGM for my vehicle and it didn’t come with a AGM battery.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I’ve read through a few of the older post concerning battery replacements. Seems the majority of the members are recommending the AGM battery to replace the OEM. With so many different AGM batteries to choose from. Which do you guys recommend and why? Optima, Interstate, AC Delco etc. Don’t think I want another Mopar OEM Battery and my dealer don’t have a AGM for my vehicle and it didn’t come with a AGM battery.

Take your pick of your favorite brand. All AGM Batteries are constructed to a higher standard than lead acid batteries. Plus there are only a handful of manufacturers that produce them for the auto brands you buy from.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't know too much about them, but a couple points that I have found in my research. One, there's a possibility that you have to modify the settings of the vehicle so that it doesn't overcharge the battery. They also are not well suited to charge fast so it may take longer to bring back up to full power of discharged. I decided against it because I am not running all kinds of electronics and my battery will just remain in the same place. If you're moving a battery, installing major electronic upgrades, or just want to do it, then a good reason and hope you get a good deal. Write back on here and let us know what you do.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am currently research batteries. For whatever reason, Optima does not have a battery for my truck (2014 Ram1500 5.7). Not sure why that is the case. But, according to their site, it says none available. Autozone had this pop up for my truck:

85ee43628a7621eaad98eb4128bad7c2.jpg

I am probably going to go this route. My local autozone has it in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I am currently research batteries. For whatever reason, Optima does not have a battery for my truck (2014 Ram1500 5.7). Not sure why that is the case. But, according to their site, it says none available.
That is correct, Optima doesn't make a battery with the correct terminal layout or that will bolt in without some modifications to the battery tray mounting. Also it sounds like Optima quality has gone down since they were bought up by Johnson Controls.
If your looking for one of the top end AGM batteries for your truck, look into Odyssey or Northstar. I put an Odyssey 49-950 in my EcoDiesel, and from what I've read it will fit in the Hemi trucks also. The Odyssey recommended size for the Hemi trucks is a 94R-850. Aside from all the great reviews of Odyssey batteries, I bought it since its built right here in the US (Warrensburg, Missouri).

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
^ I will check em’ out. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Dealership hooked me up. Replaced mine under warranty. Can’t beat that.

View attachment 221065
Nice. For future, I put an Everstart H7 AGM from Walmart. Not the biggest fan of the Everstarts but since I work there and get a discount, couldn't pass it up. The AGMs also have a 4 year full replacement warranty good at any Walmart with batteries. Just so happens my wife's Town & Country uses the same battery. Had to replace both this year. [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334