2017 2500 Mega cab leveled with 295/65R20 Toyo Open Country M/T on OEM wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jclark318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
Just got my white 2017 laramie sport Mega cab diesel leveled with 295/65R20 (35.4" diameter) Toyo Open Country M/T tires on OEM 20x9 sport package wheels. I went with the 2.5” R/C leveling kit and adjustable track bar. The Toyos stand 35.4” tall. Couldn’t be more happy with the outcome. Truck sits perfectly level now and is about 3” taller at the center line of the cab. Only have 250 miles on the tires, but so far I am very happy. Obvious loss of a few MPG, but the noise is very tolerable for an M/T tire and they balanced out perfectly.

IMG_7083.JPG IMG_7085.JPG IMG_7086.JPG IMG_7087.JPG IMG_7088.JPG

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great looking truck and you were smart with getting a Toyo Tire on a 2500 with the CTD.

Longest lasting tires you'll find.

I miss my Mega and my CTD. I may need to get another one since seeing your post! Keep it simple like you did.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Looks good......would those tires fit on a completely stock truck?

Yes they will

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

OP
OP
jclark318

jclark318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No spacers right?

Correct, no spacers. However, I do get the slightest amount of tire rub on the sway bar on left turns only. It's only on full left turn lock. I don't think it is annoying enough to try to fix it. It's minor enough that when the tires start to wear, it will probably go away naturally. Besides that though, there is no trimming of plastic and the adjustable track bar got everything back to center line.

OP
OP
jclark318

jclark318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good......would those tires fit on a completely stock truck?

I don't a 295/65R20 (35.4" diameter) would completely clear a non leveled or lifted 2500 without requiring plastic to be trimmed or major sway bar rubbing. However, a 295/60R20 (33") should clear stock without any issues.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
Correct, no spacers. However, I do get the slightest amount of tire rub on the sway bar on left turns only. It's only on full left turn lock. I don't think it is annoying enough to try to fix it. It's minor enough that when the tires start to wear, it will probably go away naturally. Besides that though, there is no trimming of plastic and the adjustable track bar got everything back to center line.
Yea I doubt the matriarchal dictator would allow me to get spacers once I get bigger tires so I'm making sure I like the look which I do

OP
OP
jclark318

jclark318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update:

I was looking at the offset of my front tires a couple of days ago and thought the driver side was sticking out further than the passenger side. Sure as Sh*t when I got under the truck and measured it, the passenger side and driver side differed by 3/4". I guess i put too much trust into Belle Tire on the track bar alignment. Anyhow, it took all of 15 minutes to get under the truck and lengthen the adjustable track bar to get everything into alignment. I commend Rough Country for how easy it is to adjust the track bar. Now both passenger and driver side are perfectly even and most importantly, I do not have any more tire rub issues! I can make full lock left and right turns all the way to the hard stops without any rub. Very happy to have realized this only a few days after the install, because I really wanted to eliminate the tire rub.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Beautiful truck...... pics like this make me wish I would have went with a mega cab

OP
OP
jclark318

jclark318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Beautiful truck...... pics like this make me wish I would have went with a mega cab

Thanks! I definitely like the look of the mega cab the best and the added storage I have behind the rear seats is great too. It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. She gets put to good use too.

IMG_6792.JPG

IMG_6491.JPG

IMG_5539.jpg