2017 3.6 overheating issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethanmoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2017 ram 1500 with the 3.6. I’ve had a few overheating issues. Thought there was a leak coming from the coolant over flow bottle, found out later it was from the radiator. So I replaced the radiator and thermostat and bled the system using the funnel system. Truck drove great for about three weeks no issues then bam the truck got hot again. I noticed the cooling fan wasn’t ever truly coming on by itself rather if I turned the ac on it would start and stay on as long as the ac was on. So I figured screw it and I changed the fan assembly. As well as the thermostat again. Bled the system. Let my daughter take the truck early and it was fine. Here in Texas where it’s been 110 degree days she got it in this evening to take her boyfriend home and it overheated on her and the light actually came on less than 3 minutes from home. I’m kinda of puzzled as I don’t want to think it’s some sort of major motor issue.