2017 8 speed Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You missed the point where I said,"the instructions that came with my brand new 8HP70",the instructions came with the transmission not the truck.If you want i'll post the instructions on the facebook page of your choosing,i don't do pics on here,and you can argue with the instructions all you want there.I'm not gonna argue with you,i'm just telling you what FCA and ZF specify in the instructions that come with a brand new transmission,"not a rebuilt". Same as checking your engine oil,do you pull the dipstick when the truck is on an incline or leaned over in a ditch "no" as you'll get a false oil level reading,what makes you think the transmissions oil level is any different.All i'm saying is they are very specific about having the tranny pan rail level to do the checking procedure,and to me it makes sense,not sure why it doesn't to you,but maybe you are the type who pulls the engine dipstick while the truck is inclined,lol.
no I check the oil dipstick when the truck is upside down *******

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
does it ride or sit level? or you have to jack up one side to achieve level? maybe the mutli position ramp can help?

s-l1600.jpg

I thought "oh yeah those look neat, maybe I should get a set" Googled 'mutli position ramp'
Did not get the images I was expecting.
Glad the wife didn't walk in at that moment or I would have had some explaining to do.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am thinking ,If I had to use ramps, hell would freeze over before I would be messing with the transmission on my truck, Old days, simple as hell, Now?

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Seems to me that since the FCA dealers don't want their wrench monkeys servicing (messing up) the 8-speeds, just declaring them "good for life" as an excuse, some ambitious, skilled entrepreneurs would open nationwide shops specializing in ZF transmissions, aimed at non-commercial vehicle fluid/pan changes. I'll bet they could do a good business considering the number of vehicles running ZF trannys these days. Also keeping the price reasonable by specializing. Like a Jiffy Lube for ZFs, but with real mechanics... Ziffy Lube :D

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
I know sft has recently did a tranny pan/filter change, he found another zf pan for like 1/2 cost and installed it. Goes along the lines of fca markup just cuz this one goes in the "Rams"

kayla02110

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Here's what Wild one posted on Facebook for those that don't have it

View attachment 166568
Just a question on Step#9: How do I know when I am in 2nd gear?

And when going from Step#7 to #8, i keep my foot on the Brake the whole time, right?

Also, Step #10 to #12, is my foot on the Brake the whole time?

And then after Step#14, after driving around for a bit should I check my levels again? Presumably when the truck cools down, right? If I do this, do I do it when the truck is level, or Rear End jacked up again?

Thanks guys!!