2017 F-150 Lariat 5.0 to 19 Rebel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbkyser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been a Gm owner for years, then past 6 years owned 3 F-150s all 5.0's.
I love the looks of the Rebel, and would only consider the 5.7 Hemi and wondering if anyone else has compared these trucks.
Ford sent me a $2500 certificate and offers 0% for 72 but again, I really am loving the looks of the Rebel and will probably come in close to same price when all is said and done. 19 Lariat Sport Pk.

I know I am in a Ram forum, but figure some had shopped both, going to drive a Rebel tomorrow so doing a little research before hand.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a recent Ford owner for 15 yrs, Once you drive this new 5th generation you will be sold take it for a good ride on the roads you most travel on and on the expressway and you will be sold I know I was, I'm waiting to accessorize mine with the winter being here you know the best of good luck and good fortune and welcome to the Forum.

19REBEL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel 4x4 Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been a Gm owner for years, then past 6 years owned 3 F-150s all 5.0's.
I love the looks of the Rebel, and would only consider the 5.7 Hemi and wondering if anyone else has compared these trucks.
Ford sent me a $2500 certificate and offers 0% for 72 but again, I really am loving the looks of the Rebel and will probably come in close to same price when all is said and done. 19 Lariat Sport Pk.

I know I am in a Ram forum, but figure some had shopped both, going to drive a Rebel tomorrow so doing a little research before hand.

I was an F-150 owner for several years and, like you am a GM Fan (I have owned 10 different Corvettes). I switched to RAM in 2015 with a 4x4 Sport that I leveled and put 12.5" x 35" x 20" Nitto TerraGrapler G2s on. I loved the Truck, but when the new Ram Rebel came out I had to have one. I really wanted an off road Truck with Skid Plates and the Air Ride Suspension. I got mine this Halloween and am really impressed with the ride, the interior (12" Nav System) and the overall look of the Truck. Glad I made the move. Both of mine are/were 5.7 Hemi's. The sales right now are off the charts, but they always seem to have good prices. Good Luck with your decision.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had 2 consecutive F150s before I bought my 14 Ram. I liked the Ram so much that I bought the 19. Couldn’t see myself ever going back to Ford before buying another Ram. I can’t knock the Ford, great trucks but the ride and style of the Ram is light years ahead of the F150 now.

Coyote1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I drove a GMC, which I went to actually buy and a Ford F-150 and than the RAM 1500, Ram won hands down. I have had a Tundra for 11 years and they never changed anything on them, same gas mileage. I have owned Ford and they are great trucks but with the Ride of the RAM, no question

matti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I had four Fords, recently a 17 and an 18 F150. Both 5.0L. Just got a Ram tradesman Hemi a week ago and I'm sold. It rides so much more smooth than my Fords. Power seems to be similar but is delivered nicer in the Ram for sure.