2017 ram 1500 paddle shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy6cyl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Where can I find a pddle shift for my 2017 ram bighorn?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
There's a couple of threads on the subject:
The paddles are one part, you'll probably need a transmission tune for them to work properly also.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Where can I find a pddle shift for my 2017 ram bighorn?
Hunt up Blackfox Brandon on facebook,he's building a kit to install them into an 8 speed 4th gen,but they work like the buttons,just faster and more precise.Other option is to get ahold of Russel at Sound German,as it's my understanding he has a kit to actually make the paddles work like they do in the cars,but i think it entails a TCM swap inside the transmission,and a specific transmission tune.I have paddles in my 14,and i've had paddles in the wifes last 2 Challengers,and i actually prefer the trucks paddle set-up,over the cars paddle set-up.

Attachments

• IMG_4034 (2).JPG
    IMG_4034 (2).JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN3838.JPG
    DSCN3838.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN3839.JPG
    DSCN3839.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 15

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
i think it entails a TCM swap inside the transmission,and a specific transmission tune.I have paddles in my 14
I know manual shifting is possible with 8HP70 current TCM as I could get it for my EcoDiesel. The paddles would be something to play with but a bunch of $$ to spend for something that won't do much. I don't need to tell the trans how to shift even with 8K lbs behind the truck other than hit the Tow/Haul mode, it just know what gear to be in.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I know manual shifting is possible with 8HP70 current TCM as I could get it for my EcoDiesel. The paddles would be something to play with but a bunch of $$ to spend for something that won't do much. I don't need to tell the trans how to shift even with 8K lbs behind the truck other than hit the Tow/Haul mode, it just know what gear to be in.
The trucks TCM doesn't support the same tiptronic set-up you can get in the cars. With a transmission tune and using something like what Brandon is building,actually works pretty good. Brandons paddle set-up is a take off,of what young Dylan was building. I've had Dylans paddle set-up in my truck since the fall of 15,and with my transmission tune,i prefer them over the cars set-up. With a good transmission tune and Brandons paddles,you can make the paddles in an 8 speed truck,work similiar to what the cars have though,it's not quite the same,but is close. The biggest advantage is the paddles are more precise then the buttons,you pull them once and it shifts,where-as with the buttons,you usually have to hit them a couple times to get the truck to do what you want.

Last edited: