2017 ram 1500 upgrade on windows and power locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polewalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
This is going to be a one-year project I just bought a 2017 regular ram 2017 with very very low my. But here's the problem I do not have power locks or power windows I just have standard rollup and I would like to change that.

I'm looking for ideals to figure out this problem.

If I get the wire harnesses out of a salvage pickup with power windows and power locks with electrical hookups work.

I'm thinking even going to power mirrors if I'm going to hook it all up.

I do know I need the inner panels for the doors and all this I would like to work out through a wrecking yard are secondhand parts and pick them up through the year.

So any ideals I would appreciate

Just an old man retired with an almost new 2017 ram pickup and I just joined the RAM forum

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is going to be a one-year project I just bought a 2017 regular ram 2017 with very very low my. But here's the problem I do not have power locks or power windows I just have standard rollup and I would like to change that.

I'm looking for ideals to figure out this problem.

If I get the wire harnesses out of a salvage pickup with power windows and power locks with electrical hookups work.

I'm thinking even going to power mirrors if I'm going to hook it all up.

I do know I need the inner panels for the doors and all this I would like to work out through a wrecking yard are secondhand parts and pick them up through the year.

So any ideals I would appreciate

Just an old man retired with an almost new 2017 ram pickup and I just joined the RAM forum

Did you think about just buying 2 whole doors, with what you want?
Might be cheaper and easier in the long run,you’d still need to figure out some of the wiring though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
P

Polewalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Yes but I was thinking about going to a wrecking yard picking up two doors with all the parts on it but I was concerned about the electrical hookups

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes but I was thinking about going to a wrecking yard picking up two doors with all the parts on it but I was concerned about the electrical hookups

Yes, there will be extra wiring to do. Check out alldatadiy.com. You can get a subscription for your truck for a year that shows all the wiring diagrams, disassembly diagrams, etc.

Google alldatadiy first, they usually have coupons that will bring the price down. Should be less than $25 a year. Money well invested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro