2017 Ram 1500 Whipple 2.9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
To calculate the boost without a boost gauge using your map sensor. Take the reading with key on, engine off. Then go do some fun stuff. Take the highest number and subtract it from reading with the engine off. So looks like you should be around 8.5psi. When it’s cold out I’ve seen mine get up to about 10psi.

As for the throttle, that’s just the way it is at max throttle. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen it read 100%. I just looked at a log for my truck, 85% was the highest. That’s actual throttle position as well. Desired throttle position on mine maxes at 76% as well.

They will never go to a 100%,as that puts the blade straight up and down,and there's a chance it'll stick in that position.Are you sure you've seen 85% throttle opening Dan,as that's more then most,it's usually in the 75% range. Us nitrous guys have to play with the throttle opening if we're running a wide open activation switch,lol

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
They will never go to a 100%,as that puts the blade straight up and down,and there's a chance it'll stick in that position.Are you sure you've seen 85% throttle opening Dan,as that's more then most,it's usually in the 75% range. Us nitrous guys have to play with the throttle opening if we're running a wide open activation switch,lol

Sorry, I typed desired/actual in the wrong spots. That 85% is desired throttle position, not actual. It’s what is being requested. The actual throttle position is in that 75% range. Factory scan tool can show both pids, as well as HP tuners.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sorry, I typed desired/actual in the wrong spots. That 85% is desired throttle position, not actual. It’s what is being requested. The actual throttle position is in that 75% range. Factory scan tool can show both pids, as well as HP tuners.

That's usually what most guys see for throttle blade opening. I've had to instruct a few guys on how to get their nitrous set-ups working,as they manually trip the blade to far when setting the wide open switch,and can't figure out why the nitrous won't kick in,lol.The most the couple of us local nitrous trucks have ever seen is 75% with HP

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That's usually what most guys see for throttle blade opening. I've had to instruct a few guys on how to get their nitrous set-ups working,as they manually trip the blade to far when setting the wide open switch,and can't figure out why the nitrous won't kick in,lol.The most the couple of us local nitrous trucks have ever seen is 75% with HP

Ya actual position maxes in that 75%. 75% might as well read 100% since it’s max throttle anyway.

Ya I imagine it’s interesting with nitrous setups. Can’t just throw on a full throttle switch like a carb anymore.

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya actual position maxes in that 75%. 75% might as well read 100% since it’s max throttle anyway.

Ya I imagine it’s interesting with nitrous setups. Can’t just throw on a full throttle switch like a carb anymore.

How much timing are you guys running at WOT? Hemifever has me running 10 right now. Seems pretty low for 93 octane.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
How much timing are you guys running at WOT? Hemifever has me running 10 right now. Seems pretty low for 93 octane.

Mine is about 10-12. From what I’ve heard the hemi doesn’t like a whole lot of timing, especially boosted.

A stock hemi only runs about 15 degrees of timing at wot.

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is about 10-12. From what I’ve heard the hemi doesn’t like a whole lot of timing, especially boosted.

A stock hemi only runs about 15 degrees of timing at wot.

MMX offers a drop in rod and piston. I think I will end up going that route so I have some more cushion for power. I didn’t realize the 5.7 only ran that much at WOT N/A.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
How much money in labor cost did you have to do this?

I did the work myself other than sending actually fitting the rods and pistons. I sent that to an engine shop. The cost from the engine shop was a few hundred bucks.

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So when I’m on the highway sometimes my truck will throw a P2173 engine code and say service electronic throttle. Truck always seems to do it when I’m easing the throttle down at 60-70mph. Will run very erratic but once I clear the code it runs perfect again.

many suggestions?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So when I’m on the highway sometimes my truck will throw a P2173 engine code and say service electronic throttle. Truck always seems to do it when I’m easing the throttle down at 60-70mph. Will run very erratic but once I clear the code it runs perfect again.

many suggestions?

Happened to my buddies truck a little while ago. Needed a throttle body.

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I used my Hellcat throttle from my challenger since I upgraded to a 105mm. Guess I will try to find another stock one. Thanks

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It all started when I was flashing a new TCM tune and it threw a service electronic throttle control in the dash when it was done. Diablosport is junk IMO.

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn’t get a video but the truck surprised me yesterday. I raced a new A8 6th gen camaro 3 times. First run he got the jump and I pulled back and let out at his door. Second and third run was from 50. 50-105 I pulled 2 1/2 cars and let out since it was middle of the day. Pretty proud of this basic setup.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Man that's an excellent 0-60! I wish I could get my torqstorm to spool up to 10 PSI, I'm pretty much maxed out at this point barely hitting 7 or 8.

OP
OP
MurderHemi

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man that's an excellent 0-60! I wish I could get my torqstorm to spool up to 10 PSI, I'm pretty much maxed out at this point barely hitting 7 or 8.

thanks. I’m definitely happy with how it runs. It hasn’t blown up yet so that’s good too. Lol

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Keep your fingers crossed lol. 10psi on a stock hemi is playing with fire. Hopefully it holds up. I blew mine up on 7-8psi.

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
I do not have mine installed yet but when looked the other day, it looks like they do not make the kit anymore for our 4th generations any more...