2017 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Mega cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mega Blue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello,

Newbie here in the forum. I have an issue with my blend door. My truck was blowing hot air out of the passenger side but the driver side was cold. Then that stopped and now it blows cold in all vents. I thought maybe I need to flush the radiator since I have 192k miles and it hadn't been done before. It did not resolve the problem. I played around with it one day while waiting in the parking lot for my wife. I found that if you start is on low fan speed it would put out hot air but as soon as you increase the speed it goes cold. I forgot to mention when I had the driver side only blowing cold I replaced the actuator lower left corner behind the lower glove box. I've talked to a couple of shops and they seem to indicate its most likely the blend door. The truck runs at around 195 degrees so I don't think it is the tstat. I also used a laser thermometer and measured the temp on both hoses and they were around 170 degrees on both side. Both of them are hot to the touch. Based off of this troubleshooting I believe I may have to replace the blend door or the actuator or both. Does anybody here have any other thoughts? If I need to replace the blend door is there a way to do that with out taking out the WHOLE dashboard? I see heater treater says their product does not require the dash to be removed but that is on older rams. I've looked at a lot of forums for this info and coming up with nothing in terms of removing that blend door. There are some YT videos but they show with the HVAC box out of the truck already. Others are in reference to 1500's and yet others without the center console. I have a center console in my truck. Any help would be appreciated. I forgot to mention I live in Alaska and the temp this morning(11/19/2021) was -26F so driving in to work was very frigid.

Algill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 ******
I have the same problem with my 2018 Laramie. Warm air on the right (passenger) and cold air on the left. waiting to hear if anyone else has this issue and how to fix it.