2017 Ram Radio problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdwindjammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I'm very dissatisfied with my NEW (2017) RAM radio. Radio doesn't pick up even STRONG FM or AM stations. Lots of static, stations fade in and out. Is this a general problem with RAM radios in general. Any help would be appreciated Thanks.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like an antenna problem, might check to make sure it’s plugged in , hooked properly ?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm very dissatisfied with my NEW (2017) RAM radio. Radio doesn't pick up even STRONG FM or AM stations. Lots of static, stations fade in and out. Is this a general problem with RAM radios in general. Any help would be appreciated Thanks.
The white plug on the back of the radio is the AM/FM antenna. Re-seat it...

OP
OP
H

hdwindjammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Well, I took my Ram to the Dealer to look at my radio situation. After several trips back and forth I was told that the antenna harness had gotten water in it somehow and caused corrosion to the antenna. Being completely seal between the firewall and the inside dash board mind you. The only exposed part of the antenna was the steel mast that casme through the fender. My "extended warranty" from the Dealer said the Antenna WAS covered.. The hitch is, it was NOT covered due to corrosion. That is the ONLY was the Antenna cable can be damaged..due to the mast being exposed to the outside conditions. I went round and round with my dealer and the Warrenty company.. With NO results... For a NEW Antenna (fiber optic) no less, a $400.00 bill would resolve my radio problems... Iam thinking I made a terrible MISTAKE, switching from a FORD to a Ram.....

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well, I took my Ram to the Dealer to look at my radio situation. After several trips back and forth I was told that the antenna harness had gotten water in it somehow and caused corrosion to the antenna. Being completely seal between the firewall and the inside dash board mind you. The only exposed part of the antenna was the steel mast that casme through the fender. My "extended warranty" from the Dealer said the Antenna WAS covered.. The hitch is, it was NOT covered due to corrosion. That is the ONLY was the Antenna cable can be damaged..due to the mast being exposed to the outside conditions. I went round and round with my dealer and the Warrenty company.. With NO results... For a NEW Antenna (fiber optic) no less, a $400.00 bill would resolve my radio problems... Iam thinking I made a terrible MISTAKE, switching from a FORD to a Ram.....
I'd be more than a bit upset about that situation, too! :mad:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Fiber optic?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Did you have the dealership fix it, or did you do it yourself ?

LeeD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’d be more upset at your dealer not upholding your warranty and the warranty company.
Plus the fiber optic statement sounds like they’re throwing you a bunch of BS.

OP
OP
H

hdwindjammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi

SitKneelBend ... I thought the same as YOU. I also had the same problem but, my 3rd party extended warranty said the Antenna was covered.... EXCEPT for water damage. I said the same as YOU, the mast is the ONLY part that is NOT inclosed from the outside elements. So, they refused coverage. I made such a stink at the Dealership. Finally, after some time, they decided to fix the problem and REPLACE the Antenna harness. I only had to pay my $100.00 deductible and they ate the rest.($300.00) The worse thing was, I did call Ram in Detroit to explain to them and see if thye could help. THEY knew about the problem with the radio antennas and told me to hold on the the receipt and "IF" there was a recall in the future they would reimburse me... What a JOKE... After this truck I just might go back to a FORD...never had any warranty issues of any kind with them....​