2018 3500 Dually side marker lights and under tailgate light out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crow5716

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the other day all 4 drw side marker lights are out and the oem little light strip under my tailgate is out.
I still have roof top clearance lights as I believe those are on the same circuit so it's not a fuse.
From the one diagram I was able to find it looks like a white wire with green tracer that feeds those but apart from pulling the whole harness along the frame that's over the fuel tank and def tank I have no idea where to start.
There are no wires or harnesses pinched between the dually leafs and bumpers like I've read about. But all signs lead to a break feeding the rear.
I just want to make sure for some reason that the rear marker lights aren't fed through the abs harness, which is a weird statement, but I just had a problem with a rear abs sensor and it ended up being the wire was broke along the way somewhere so I just spliced into 2 new wires from the abs harness back to the where the abs sensor plugs into and have had no problems with it since. I was getting the dreaded service abs light which disables 4x4 but the only code I was getting was left rear wheel speed sensor out of range. So after that fix, that night I noticed my rear marker lights were out. Which is why I wanted to make sure those lights didn't get their power from that abs harness. lol.
But any help would be appreciated on where to start checking. If someone knows where the two harnesses pictured 3/3 and 6/6 are or had any other suggestions.
Truck is 2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4
Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 8ADB76D8-A763-4159-B3D5-C96ADA866476.png
    8ADB76D8-A763-4159-B3D5-C96ADA866476.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 2

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Check for a stray wire captured in the overload springs on both sides.
It was a problem on earlier versions.

OP
OP
C

crow5716

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check for a stray wire captured in the overload springs on both sides.
It was a problem on earlier versions.
I did check that. Plus I also included that in my original post that there were no wires pinched from leaf springs.
?