2018 eco diesel no oil pressure and knocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CGNaveng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L
Driving home from work and the oil pressure light comes on and off with the pressure gage going from normal to zero. Started knocking while I was pulling into a parking lot and then shut it self off. Checked the oil level and showed full. Looked underneath and oil dripping from the back of the engine. Called roadside assistance and that was a fiasco. Waited 4.5 hours and finally called a row truck myself and got it to the dealership. Went to the dealership the next morning to see the service writer that I talked to the night before. She tells me she checked the oil and it was good so she started the truck and tried to drive to the repair bay and the same thing happened to her. I figured if it was towed in you wouldn’t want to drive it but what do I know. She preceded to tell me that their only diesel tech is backed up and can’t look at it until next week. No rental car or loaner until it’s diagnosed. Has anyone had this issue with their eco diesel? To me it sounds like an internal engine failure. Keep you posted.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sounds like your oil pump crapped out causing internal damage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye