2018 media hub question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
I installed an aftermarket (Kenwood) stereo and everything works great. Obviously no USB support from the armrest hub. I did however attempt to use a stepdown converter from the cigarette lighter (I replaced that plug with a USB one for Android Auto) and plug the old 5" stereo's USB adapter into that, but there appears to be no power going to the armrest USB(s) (it still lights up though).

I tested to make sure there's current coming from the converter plugged into the cigarette lighter so something's happening between that and the hub itself. Is it the circuit inside the hub that's preventing this?

Does anyone have any suggestions or a wiring diagram for this? Thanks!

BTW my hub has two USB ports and an AUX (3.5mm audio), one with the USB symbol on it and the other one with a battery.

dealcp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
What wiring harness did you use for your radio? I can't find one.

OP
OP
T

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
I used an Idatatalink Maestro supported stereo. So I used the Idatatalink Maestro HRN-RR-CH3 harness and the ADS-MRR module. This allows me to retain a lot of (most) of the factory radio settings, but the aftermarket stereo has to have Maestro support.