2018 OEM Sport Grille Look Alike Off eBay With Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking a backing plate to create a sandwich on both sides of the grille.

Yeah that would and could be possible. Al depends on the grille contour on the back side. Guess I’m going to have some fun with this one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that would and could be possible. Al depends on the grille contour on the back side. Guess I’m going to have some fun with this one lol

I think you will have so much fun putting that thing together getting them letters all organized and figured out you’ll probably want to do another. Lol

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you will have so much fun putting that thing together getting them letters all organized and figured out you’ll probably want to do another. Lol

I just hope the Grille slats are spaced out like the 2019 style or the spacer won’t work with the 2018 style. I actually have a guy on Letgo with a 2019 style grille for sale. Trying to see if I can get pictures of the back side of the spacer to see how it’s mounted from the factory.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone who has already done this like @Mpgrimm2 could you measure the center point of the slat skip one slat to center of the 3rd slat

The spacer I purchased measures

center to center 2-1/8”
25f895872151e40efc5b7a7916fc3eb1.jpg

Outside edge to outside edge 3”
ef2610af3f34116181386ced796f65ad.jpg

Could any of you measure and see if this is a close measurement for the 3 slats where you mounted your RAM letters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jhuss96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was toying with the idea of getting a cheaper ebay 18 sport grill then having it painted to match the brilliant black paintjob. I figure that would achieve more or less the same result as the $600+ grill.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I was toying with the idea of getting a cheaper ebay 18 sport grill then having it painted to match the brilliant black paintjob. I figure that would achieve more or less the same result as the $600+ grill.

The eBay sport style grill in black is pretty close as is. You can see my install in previous post ... here.

M² Mods.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Anyone who has already done this like @Mpgrimm2 could you measure the center point of the slat skip one slat to center of the 3rd slat

The spacer I purchased measures
center to center 2-1/8”
25f895872151e40efc5b7a7916fc3eb1.jpg

Outside edge to outside edge 3”
ef2610af3f34116181386ced796f65ad.jpg

Could any of you measure and see if this is a close measurement for the 3 slats where you mounted your RAM letters.

Any help would be appreciated.

My eBay sport grill is the same...

2.5" on center b/w the slats
2.75" to outer edges

@Lawsuit11
I would try to plastic weld/modify/melt it together to fit between the slats if it's even possible.

Curious to see what to end up with.

M² Mods.

Last edited:

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My eBay sport grill is the same...

2.5" on center b/w the slats
2.75" to outer edges

@Lawsuit11
I would try to plastic weld/modify/melt it together to fit between the slats if it's even possible.

Curious to see what to end up with.

M² Mods.

So in theory it should fit but with modification lol. I will just have to wait until my Grille gets here to come up with any more ideas

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So, after reading this, can we use the Ebay Laramie Big Horn Style grill with the factory RAM spacer/backing plate? I was gonna pull the trigger and order the Gloss Black grill, but am not sure if the backing plate will attach?

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Now that I look at this...I guess I dont need the spacer. The letters are not attached to it. So, beside using a melting iron with the plastic letters, how does one attach the RAM letters to the Ebay grill?

6NM18SZ0AA-3-TOP.jpg

6NM18SZ0AA-4-BAK.jpg

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now that I look at this...I guess I dont need the spacer. The letters are not attached to it. So, beside using a melting iron with the plastic letters, how does one attach the RAM letters to the Ebay grill?

6NM18SZ0AA-3-TOP.jpg

6NM18SZ0AA-4-BAK.jpg
Just continue to follow this thread. It’s a few that has detailed the install of this particular grill. Lawsuit11 has been detailing his progress on the grill on this thread. He has the spacer/bracket plate and is researching the bracket letter mounting. Last he was just waiting to receive the grill. I’m sure he will chime in with his follow up soon.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just continue to follow this thread. It’s a few that has detailed the install of this particular grill. Lawsuit11 has been detailing his progress on the grill on this thread. He has the spacer/bracket plate and is researching the bracket letter mounting. Last he was just waiting to receive the grill. I’m sure he will chime in with his follow up soon.

Yes sir. My grille should be here this week. Got my other one last week but it was damaged in transit. Looked like someone sat on the box an crusher the whole center of the grille in pieces awaiting on all mopar parts to ship the letters and all the screw sets I purchased to figure out which one is right.

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Excellent. Thank you. Im going to order the grill to get it in here. Still trying to find the gloss black RAM letters to order. I may not need the bracket/spacer. I have a feeling the letters will stay on with 3m double sided tape (same tape used for side skirts). Or, I might be able to rig up something.

Either way, ill be tuning into your details. Thanks again!

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes sir. My grille should be here this week. Got my other one last week but it was damaged in transit. Looked like someone sat on the box an crusher the whole center of the grille in pieces awaiting on all mopar parts to ship the letters and all the screw sets I purchased to figure out which one is right.

Any updates on the grill lawsuit11

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any updates on the grill lawsuit11

I haven’t had much time to mess with anything. Still waiting on the mounting screws and letters from Allmoparparts. The letters were backprdered a week.

But as posted I will have to modify the spacer to fit the 13-18 grille. I did order a 2019 style for 4th gens off eBay yesterday. so I can see if that will work with the spacer and of the grilles off eBay are actually the same as factory. Cause the spacer should fit on if that is the case.