2018 Power Wagon Front end noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
this is the reason i installed the above Nanny kill switch.

For the life of me, i can not understand why the ABS needs to activate the way it does when in 4hi or 4LO.
Every time i hit the dirt, the abs would go crazy clicking nonstop. I also could not get the truck to move out of its own way when running through soft soil.
Nanny kill switch fixed all that, and it improved my offroad handling and capability 10fold...baja truck capable.
2HI locked with no ABS or ECS is an experience to last a lifetime.
Ever steer with your rear axle?

Fitzreefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Good evening and thanks for all the help from all! I went in search of the ABS fuse which my owner's manual shows F76, 10 amp to be Antilock brakes/ Electronic Stability Control. On the fuse panel cover it shows BSM/STP LP SW/EPB/ESC- since I did not know all those TLA's (three letter acronyms) listed, I pulled F06- ABS pump MTR instead. This causes the brake and stability MIL to illuminate, the "service electronic braking system" notice on the EVIC, and my noise to go away. I reinstalled and removed the fuse a couple of times to be certain. It still does not sound like an ABS pump activating to me, but that is what is doing it.. But of course my hearing ain't that great either. So again thanks to all! I still wonder why it is trying to do anything in 4 lo at no MPH- is there something wrong, and if not, is there another way to completely turn the Nanny off besides pulling the pump fuse? I made a video with my cell phone to upload but could not hear the noise well after it downloaded to my PC...
It is not the ABS. It is the ESC...aka traction control. So, it will sound different. My PW is the first truck that had that has ESC. I had to get used to it, too. We live in a nanny world now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Hydraplane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks again for all the help ********* this out for me. My first experience with the "Nannies" was my 2008 Charger Daytona... They have come along way. You would think it would help make the insurance cheaper, especially since we have the "black box" to tell on us now. I will wait on the kill switch until my other quirks with this truck are explained! I wonder if the PCM is smart enough to store incidences of the ABS pump motor power being cut.. I have some research to do before I post another HELP topic!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks again for all the help ********* this out for me. My first experience with the "Nannies" was my 2008 Charger Daytona... They have come along way. You would think it would help make the insurance cheaper, especially since we have the "black box" to tell on us now. I will wait on the kill switch until my other quirks with this truck are explained! I wonder if the PCM is smart enough to store incidences of the ABS pump motor power being cut.. I have some research to do before I post another HELP topic!

Every time I use it my truck sends me an email to tell me to take it to the dealer because somethings wrong lol.