2018 Power Wagon on Toyo MT 35x12.5 w/AEV wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flyrodder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Took some pics of the spare on my new '19, I'll post them later. I'd guess the "smaller" 35s will fit without deflating. The track bar is flat through the mid-section. The full-size duratrack spare has an easy 1" space all around, probably 2" on the muffler side (including the heat shield) and 1.5" on the track bar.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Thanks! No lift or level, just the stock Power Wagon height.

Looks great.

I like how your tire/wheel and stance combo came out. I am going to go with the same wheels (assume these are black and not Onyx?) and Nitto Ridge Grapplers @ 35x12.5 but I think a Thuren front level is needed on mine to get where you are. I have a pretty good factory rake.

9Jd54wdDRvO+v1kNOaMdaQ.jpg

OP
OP
JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Looks great.

I like how your tire/wheel and stance combo came out. I am going to go with the same wheels (assume these are black and not Onyx?) and Nitto Ridge Grapplers @ 35x12.5 but I think a Thuren front level is needed on mine to get where you are. I have a pretty good factory rake.

View attachment 174163

Thank you. Yes, black. Rear is high on mine, too, but I don’t want to look like an overloaded family station wagon when I have heavy cargo or tow.

Damon A Leake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 V8
Just got these put on yesterday. Really happy with how they ride – balanced up perfectly with no vibes at all. A definite "MT singing" at highway speeds, but not anything I can't live with. So glad to get rid of the 315/70 KO2s –– I'm not sure BFG knows how to consistently make tires that are not out of round.

I'll be adding a Wilco hitch mount spare tire carrier and a full size spare in the next few weeks. The factory spare will have to do for now. The Toyo MT 35x12.5 was just too big to work in the spare tire location, even with most of the air let out. I got it all the way up in there, but it was pushing against/touching both the hitch and the sway bar.

View attachment 134147 View attachment 134148 View attachment 134149 View attachment 134151 View attachment 134150

New member to the forum her from Utah. Your truck looks great. I just ordered my first RAM. I have a 2021 coming in about 8 weeks or so. I ordered the AEV Ram Katla Wheel - 17x8.5, Black I was thinking of going with the same size tires are you did.
OPEN COUNTRY A/T III - SIZE: 35X12.5R17LT
What do you think about this tire? any experience with them?

Thanks,

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
New member to the forum her from Utah. Your truck looks great. I just ordered my first RAM. I have a 2021 coming in about 8 weeks or so. I ordered the AEV Ram Katla Wheel - 17x8.5, Black I was thinking of going with the same size tires are you did.
OPEN COUNTRY A/T III - SIZE: 35X12.5R17LT
What do you think about this tire? any experience with them?

Thanks,

Having a Power Wagon I went with the more aggressive Toyo Open Country C/T's size 35 12.50R17 versus the A/T III. I need them for mud and unplowed snow off highway usage in the Colorado Plateau region in both Utah and Colorado.

Both style of tires are Load Range E, have 3 ply sidewalls, and have the 3PMSF rating. The C/T's in the worst subzero temperature winter conditions have performed excellent.

Last edited: