2018 Pre-owned V6 Help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone. I’ve decided to take a break from new car shopping. Prices are crazy (they are for used too), but I’m going to explore used for a bit as well. I found this V6 2018 Big Horn with 40K on it. Price seems good compared to similar vehicles. Is 40K too many miles at this price point? Any else to be weary of? Should I go for less miles? This is a small little dealer with a good rep. Thanks for any help!

https://www.wsmotors.com/vdp/168872...rew-Cab-SWB-4WD-for-sale-in-Weymouth-MA-02188

JOsworth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
That is exactly the truck I have, only mine is a 2016. I paid around 27k for mine back in 2018. Granted mine only had 15k miles. That said, their price looks really good, and the mileage is about right for a 2018 that was just normally driven. All I know is I love my truck. It now is sitting at 80k miles and I have not had to fix a thing... just replaced fluids and tires..the darn thing is still rolling it's original brakes and shocks. That is an upper level Big Horn. Mine is too. I love the heated seats and wheel along with the better u-connect and dash screen. I would check the truck over real good as with any used vehicle. I looked at the history report provided and it is good that it was a single person lease. That said, those history reports are not reliable when it comes to issues. Look real good for signs of previous damage repair or abuse. The pictures do look good though.

Good luck with it..

OP
OP
A

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is exactly the truck I have, only mine is a 2016. I paid around 27k for mine back in 2018. Granted mine only had 15k miles. That said, their price looks really good, and the mileage is about right for a 2018 that was just normally driven. All I know is I love my truck. It now is sitting at 80k miles and I have not had to fix a thing... just replaced fluids and tires..the darn thing is still rolling it's original brakes and shocks. That is an upper level Big Horn. Mine is too. I love the heated seats and wheel along with the better u-connect and dash screen. I would check the truck over real good as with any used vehicle. I looked at the history report provided and it is good that it was a single person lease. That said, those history reports are not reliable when it comes to issues. Look real good for signs of previous damage repair or abuse. The pictures do look good though.

Good luck with it..

Thanks man! Will do for sure.

Flyinc23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Same story here except mine is a 2017. I’ve only had one issue with the hood latch. There is a microswitch in the latch assembly that turns the mostly useless under hood light off when it’s closed is broken and it drains the battery. But other than that minor, and most likely one off issue, the truck is perfect for my needs. I’ve been trying the flex fuel lately and not sure how I feel about it yet but time will tell.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It’s priced a little high, but not bad for today’s market.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Couldn't find the vehicle in question on the linked site. Then I realized the thread is 7mo old. LOL That 2014 Ram 1500 for $33K is downright laughable IMO.

Anyway, I loved my 2017 Ram 1500 express, quad cab, 4x4, pentastar V6. I bought it a year old w/ 12K miles on it for $23K off the used lot of a small GMC/Buick/Cadillac dealership.

MoparProud

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get a V8 and thank me later. The V6 is absolutely not a viable option for a truck. My opinion.