2018 RAM 1500 5.7 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Hermit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The other day I was driving along at about 90km/hr when some dip-do do passed me at about 140Km/hr, immediately pulled in front of me and SLAMMED on his brakes to stop at a yellow light. Thankfully I managed to avoid hitting him BUT about ten minutes later the anti-lock and anti-skid idiot lights came on and I got a message saying my 4x4 function was temporarily unavailable.

WTHeck?? I ran the codes and tried deleting them but they persist and it won't go into 4x4 or 4x4 low now. I have an appointment at the dealer service department but not until Apr 7th... sigh. So two questions: first am I doing any damage by driving the vehicle and second, what can I do on my own to try to resolve the issue? I assume it is the anti-lock sensor but what else might it be? I'd rate myself as a 3/10 on mechanical ability. Thanks for any help or advise.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There was a forum member just a few posts ago on another post (it's current), which had a similar thing and he indicated his 'light' went away after he changed fluid and bled the brakes. I think he ran it through the self-bleed test. So you might give that a try if you have that scanner capability. I doubt new fluid did much, but actuating the pistons might have (??).

Also, wiggling the connections or making sure the ABS module connector pins aren't corroded and wiggling the fuses would be a good idea too.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Post what specific codes are in the system. That is what you always start with and point you in the right direction.