2018 ram 1500 base stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18ram18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Upgrading my speakers. Can someone please confirm wire colors (pos-neg) for dash, front doors, and rear doors?

OP
OP

18ram18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cant believe that this information is so hard to find. I was wanting to verify the metra connectors supplied from crutchfield when i did my speaker purchase. After doing some digging and testing i found that the metra adapters will reverse the polarity of the speaker. I had to cut and re-solder the pos/neg wires on the harness.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cant believe that this information is so hard to find. I was wanting to verify the metra connectors supplied from crutchfield when i did my speaker purchase. After doing some digging and testing i found that the metra adapters will reverse the polarity of the speaker. I had to cut and re-solder the pos/neg wires on the harness.

its here somewhere if you search one of the threads, its where i got my info when i installed fosgate DSR1. might be up in one of the sticky threads

JimmyH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I know it has been a while, but what metra adapter did you use? I ask because I just did the same thing plugged the metra adapter into the factory harness on one end and then metra adapter big lug to the big lug on speaker and metra adapter small lug to the small lug on the speaker, on the other. Sound is not horrible, but I feel like there should be more bass.