2018 Ram 1500 Radio, AC, Wipers, and AC acting up, possible bad TIPM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve McLovin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I've been having issues with my 2018 Ram 1500 for a few months now where the Radio would randomly turn off (Uconnect 5 system - 5 inch touch screen). I couldn't isolate it to a fuse or any thing in particular and it would go months at a time being fine. Though maybe it was a bad head unit, until now that its started to get warm. The other day the Radio went out again and I noticed that the AC was no longer working (didn't realize it when it first started since it was winter). Then yesterday I went to start my truck and found the battery was dead. After charging it up and driving around (radio was still off at this point) I found that after parking my dash lights stayed on as well as the indicator light for AC and Air Circulation on the climate controls even once the key was removed and driver side door opened. Check back an hour later and still on. I found a suggestion online that the HVAC fuse might be the problem, so I pulled fuse F49 and sure enough dash lights turned off. Put it back in and all of a sudden the radio comes right back on and everything lights up. Put the key in and nothing would turn off. Pulled the fuse again, replaced it, and everything started to function normal.

Thought I figured it out and it was just a loose fuse or something, until today I turn my truck on and now once the key is turn to on the wipers turn on and will not turn off. Also all steering wheel controls and controls on the wiper control arm do not function (no signal, hands free, dash controls). Pulled every fuse I can find and the only reprieve is pulling the wiper fuse at least turns off the wipers. Disconnected the battery terminals and connected them to drain the system with no luck.

Right now based on all the reading I have done this all sounds like a bad TIPM which I can get a replacement for a few hundred bucks. Just looking for a second opinion if that seems like a safe bet, other wise I will have to just take it to the shop at this point which I'd rather avoid knowing how quickly that bill can rack up.

Thanks for any input on this, if you have any other suggestions of thing I could check please let me know!

ReNate31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8 5.7
I have a 2018 RAM 1500 Limited 5.6 when I replaced a fuse and disconnected the negative now my right side turn signals don’t work, left low beam headlight out and wipers will not turn on at all. This just happened the day after I went on a long drive where it rained severely and everything worked fine.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2018 RAM 1500 Limited 5.6 when I replaced a fuse and disconnected the negative now my right side turn signals don’t work, left low beam headlight out and wipers will not turn on at all. This just happened the day after I went on a long drive where it rained severely and everything worked fine.
Why did you replace a fuse?

ReNate31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8 5.7
The when I looked under the hood it was blown the fuse was for the air suspension I had but I replaced the suspension with shocks and struts. I have also reset the ECM several times by just disconnecting the negative cable then by disconnecting the negative and positive cable and tying them together for a few hours.