2018 ram 1500 shaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I have a set of OEM right off the factory floor wheels and tires and I have a set of 22” Hellcat relicas with 285/45r22 nexen summer tires. I swap them depending on the season, so stock for winter and hellcats for summer. I have a vibration above 70mph as well but not that bad, but it’s noticeable and you can see the steering wheel shake/vibrate. When I swap over to my Hellcats the problem goes away! Reason I’m assuming is now the good years on the stock rims. I didn’t really think anything of it till I red this thread, I was sorta just like this vibration while weird is not something to complain about. But now that I just swapped tires and rims 2 weeks ago it’s gone. Now I need here something on tight turns from the front like a hum/low grind when I tight turn at slow speeds... hopeing it’s not the wheel bearings as my truck is only 1.5yrs old and has 9600 miles!

AKGONZO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 19 1500 Classic Hemi CC. When I first bought it rode smooth. I bought a wheel/tire package with the truck but had to wait on the tires or something. After the combo went on (33" BFG AT KO2s and 20" XD wheels) I started getting a vibration. After rebalance on roadforce 4 times and two new tires later (bfg tires were bad), turns out one of the wheels were out of balance by 4 ounces. Don't assume it's never the wheel, have them check the wheel for true and balance as well.

Mr led

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6
I have a 2018 ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 5.7 hemi. 17in rims. The truck has had a shake in the seats, center console, doors, floor boards, and some in the stearing wheel since it was new. Been to the dealer 6 times. Roatated, balanced the tires multiple times. Reaplaced tires twice. Front end alignment Rios. Still no change. The vibration is worst 55 on up. I believe it's coming from either the drive shaft or the rear end. Any one have this problem or any fix. Thanks. (The dealer gave up said it drives as designed.)

Mr led

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6
Had same trouble. Had to go to a good tire shop and have balanced. At 55mpg to 70mpg shake balance tires. Factory tires suck. Put on continental took 1000.isles to break in and stop Ltd shake. Other than that air pressure I run at 44psi. If not check tire roundness at shop. Good luck

HDHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do your 17" wheels have the stick on weights? My '09 1500 was horrible with those wheels, p.i.t.a. that's why I traded up to the '13 2500.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2018 ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 5.7 hemi. 17in rims. The truck has had a shake in the seats, center console, doors, floor boards, and some in the stearing wheel since it was new. Been to the dealer 6 times. Roatated, balanced the tires multiple times. Reaplaced tires twice. Front end alignment Rios. Still no change. The vibration is worst 55 on up. I believe it's coming from either the drive shaft or the rear end. Any one have this problem or any fix. Thanks. (The dealer gave up said it drives as designed.)

"Drive as designed"? Yeah right, that's a serious load of ****. My 2015 Hemi at any speed is smooth as butter.

OP
OP
R

Ram1085

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes .( hdhemi ). The 17in rims have stick on weights. I still haven't found anyone around me that can do a roadforce balance on these tires.

Eds34pc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealers shouldn’t be in the tire business. I have a ‘17 1500 limited with 26k, and the OEM Goodyear’s we’re wearing out. The truck rode fine, no shake at all. I ordered a set of Dueler Alenza Plus from the dealer at the end of April. When I was driving home after install and alignment, the truck was pulling left. When I got home, I noticed they installed the wrong tires. After installing the right tires, and correcting the alignment, the truck shakes in the seat at 50+. The dealer has done 2 high speed balances and 1 road force, and still shakes.
Bridgestone said to have the dealer replace them, and the dealer said they were not authorized to do warranty replacements.
After approximately 10 hours combined in the dealer lounge waiting, and no response from the dealer, I have a truck that I used to like that has become a time consuming pain in the ass.
It’s now on to a Firestone store to get warranty service.
The dealers should post a sign saying “Buy at your own risk”

Mattmatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey ya all,

I do not want to jinx it, but it looks like my Chrysler, full of crap, service finaly sorted out my shakes.

At first they replaced rear tires and sent me home.... still shaking. After that I replaced all tires (original, piece if ****, goodyear wrangler) with Nokian Rotiivas..... still shaking. With fresh new tires my service finally got to admit the tires are not at fault and replaced the drive shaft within the warranty, balanced the tires once again and voila.... shakes are gone... hopefuly for good now.

Hope this will help at least to some of you out there because my shakes almost costed me my sanity.

Good luck and be strong, the Chrysler service really took an example from their new italian owners.... deny, deny, deny

Matt

OP
OP
R

Ram1085

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Matt Matt. I have tried multiple times to get the dealerships to replace the drive shaft. I believe that it's the cause for the vibration on my 18 ram. I couldn't stand to drive mine anymore I bought another vehicle and parked the ram in the garage. I have put only 500 miles on it in the last 5 months. It's to bad ram works harder on trying not to fix there trucks then just addressing the problems.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The problem is the dealer does not give the tech time to figure the problem or dump it on low man on list as it is not important
my 18 is not perfect but will deal with it till good tires go on it
I had a 1981 D250 with 875 16.5 tires
the dealer balance three times then sent me to get new tires
still not good and they washed there hands see tire store that installed the Michelins
I found rear section of drive shaft with one yoke welded on out of faze
I balanced the rotors and drums on an engine balancer
one rotor and two drum hub assemblies where bad
that truck ran smooth for 500,000 Km

keep after them and try to work with one tech so they know your problem
or fix it your self ???

UpInSm0kE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
A few weeks ago there was a thread on here about vibration issues that were manifesting themselves more in the seats and floorboards versus the the steering wheel. Somebody will chime in that remembers better than me, but it was a batch of bad/unbalanced driveshafts, there may have been a specific range of VIN’s it affected, but the back story to that OP was very similar to what you were describing above.

My 18 Big Horn has done this since new as well. I have replaced tires, wheels, shocks/struts, I have bilstein 5100's at 2.8 and 285/75r17 Toyo MT's on Factory 17's. I am almost positive that this is drive shaft related since I have had several sets of tires and balancing done with no changes in the vibration.