2018 Ram 1500 Transmission 2nd -3rd p0733

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmwoods33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I currently have a 2018 Ram 1500 Bighorn with 35,*** miles, and I am having problems with the shifting from 2nd to 3rd it only happens when the transmission temp is 70-95 degrees Fahrenheit or even colder than that it just hesitates getting into the gear like it can’t find the gear, I have tried warming it up for 5-10 minutes but that doesn’t seem to help. I have tried going really slow at first, medium speed, and fast it just does the same thing in the first shift. Then whenever I put my truck into reverse it slams into reverse, that happens randomly doesn’t have a trend like the 2nd to 3rd. They have changed out the valve body along with the module for transmission, and then obviously the transmission oil, I have taken it to the same place where I bought the truck 5 times. They have tried resets to the whole transmission, and nothing seems to work. It did throw p0733 code - Gear 3 incorrect ratio. Anyone have any ideas?

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This is the 6spd and not the 8spd I assume?

Wish I had something to help. A new valve body not fixing this seems odd.

OP
OP
J

Jmwoods33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Yes it’s the 6spd, yeah it’s didn’t fix it. They said to wait 300 miles of driven time before it would work its way out, I’m at almost 1k. Don’t think it worked.

OP
OP
J

Jmwoods33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
update: they are going to be doing a overhaul on it, basically rebuild. Hopefully that will fix the issue

OP
OP
J

Jmwoods33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Update: they are not doing the overhaul anymore, they are changing it out completely with a new one.