2018 RAM 2500 - ABS Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dajaduke123

Reaction score
Ram Year
RAM 2500
All,

My 2018 RAM ABS warning indicator light goes on and off continually. I did some research, and this seems to be a very common issue with this model of RAM truck. Unfortunately, the dealership has informed me there is no recall on the item and cost to repair are over $1,000. I am working to start a class action suit to get the repairs completed. As well as, as sending out group emails to my work & wife's organizations (a large school district and national construction company) warning people of buying Dodge/Ram vehicles. The lack of support for a commonly known equipment failure is unacceptable. Please leave comments if you would like to join the suit.

Dutra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just want to welcome you to the club. Ebay will have your part for a lot cheaper than the stealership. Don’t get a used one though

Scarter5261

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
All,

My 2018 RAM ABS warning indicator light goes on and off continually. I did some research, and this seems to be a very common issue with this model of RAM truck. Unfortunately, the dealership has informed me there is no recall on the item and cost to repair are over $1,000. I am working to start a class action suit to get the repairs completed. As well as, as sending out group emails to my work & wife's organizations (a large school district and national construction company) warning people of buying Dodge/Ram vehicles. The lack of support for a commonly known equipment failure is unacceptable. Please leave comments if you would like to join the suit.
I’m looking to do the same. Dealer quoted us $1800-$2000 for repair on a defective part that has been replaced 2 times.

Scarter5261

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I want to add. We have been loyal Dodge owners for over 40 years. This is extremely disappointing!!!

Scarter5261

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I call my dealership and they tell me to call back every month for update on the defective HCU part for our 2018 Ram 2500. Today I call and was told the part would not be available until February 2024. The original defective part can be made available if pursued but they can’t promise a warranty once installed. This is ridiculous and so frustrating!!! It has now been a year waiting for this to be corrected.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I call my dealership and they tell me to call back every month for update on the defective HCU part for our 2018 Ram 2500. Today I call and was told the part would not be available until February 2024. The original defective part can be made available if pursued but they can’t promise a warranty once installed. This is ridiculous and so frustrating!!! It has now been a year waiting for this to be corrected.
You would be much better off to locate the part yourself ,and have the issue fixed, then to keep waiting on that dealer to step up and do their jobs. Sometimes I think waiting for warranty issues can have a mental impact on folks , worrying about if it’s gonna strand or put you in a bad spot. IMO it’s best to take charge and move forward F that dealer.

MAGRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
All,

Hey Dajaduke: have you heard anything on this yet??? I have a 2018 Ram 2500 4x4 with 6.7L D 92K miles. it has the same issue as many on here. the ABS and Traction control lights come on/off/on/off and dings every time. Cannot use cruise when it does that. So aggravating. I called the dealer, they informed me to just drive it until they stayed on. I pull boats, trailers, equipment, etc if my ABS is not working I could be up someones' rear without a paddle. Dodge Ram should fix this before someone gets killed.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
They're too busy building electric cars to worry about us peasants and our safety lol

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Mine just got back from the shop with a new part, same truck. It cost me a lot more then what you were quoted to fix, something I am not too happy about. Two months ago I was told the part was on indefinite backorder, but Mopar has them in stock now. I bought a spare part two weeks ago for when this happens again, but the price was $180 for the same part, and now its $300.

If this happens again I am going to DIY fix it.

Ryan Winger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Mine just got back from the shop with a new part, same truck. It cost me a lot more then what you were quoted to fix, something I am not too happy about. Two months ago I was told the part was on indefinite backorder, but Mopar has them in stock now. I bought a spare part two weeks ago for when this happens again, but the price was $180 for the same part, and now its $300.

If this happens again I am going to DIY fix it.
I have had the same issue for over a year on my 2018 2500. What parts did you replace and buy a spare for. I am pretty mechanically inclined and will DIY this in my garage.
Thanks

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have had the same issue for over a year on my 2018 2500. What parts did you replace and buy a spare for. I am pretty mechanically inclined and will DIY this in my garage.
Thanks
That part is 780 now damn. Best I can tell based on tons of research is the AB pump is that part that goes bad. It sits right on top of the front driver wheel well so that might be an issue.

While I have not yet replaced it, the part is very easy to get to and there should be some youtube videos on how to replace it. You do not need to replace the control board, just the pump.

You then need to do a manual brake bleed, and you need OBD Link with Alpha OBD to do a ABS bleed. There are videos on how to do both of these bleeds, but I have never done them myself.