2018 RAM 3500 Dually Cummins 60 gallon fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

captnfun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
I just put an S&B 60 gallon fuel tank in my 3500 Dually long bed cummins. Can someone post a simple way to tell the computer that I now have a larger tank? 60 gallons is 227 liters. The DTE and fuel gauge don't represent what's really going on any more. When I fill up the fuel gauge reads full and the DTE sits at around 500 miles until I burn off about 25 - 30 gallons. Then they start moving.

I've read many posts that say you can do it with AlphaODB and a security bypass cable but no one posts the actual procedure for dummies like me. Has anyone purchased the S&B 60 gallon tank and adjusted the fuel gauge and DTE?

Thanks,

Charlie

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There is a whole AlfaOBD thread that talks about it, just do some searching, it's there. Tons of Youtube video's on Alfa as well.

OP
OP
captnfun

captnfun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
There is a whole AlfaOBD thread that talks about it, just do some searching, it's there. Tons of Youtube video's on Alfa as well.
Yes there is ton's of stuff on AlphaODB. I've searched and can't find a clear procedure to update the tank capacity. Was hoping someone here had done it.

Hot_In_Az

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just put an S&B 60 gallon fuel tank in my 3500 Dually long bed Cummins. Can someone post a simple way to tell the computer that I now have a larger tank? 60 gallons is 227 liters. The DTE and fuel gauge don't represent what's really going on any more. When I fill up the fuel gauge reads full and the DTE sits at around 500 miles until I burn off about 25 - 30 gallons. Then they start moving.

I've read many posts that say you can do it with AlphaODB and a security bypass cable but no one posts the actual procedure for dummies like me. Has anyone purchased the S&B 60 gallon tank and adjusted the fuel gauge and DTE?

Thanks,

Charlie
Same issue with my 2017. When my installing shop ordered the tank from S&B early 2021 S&B confirmed my DTE could be reprogrammed. For over a year the shop has basically blown me off saying they can't get the part that interfaces with their equipment. Looking into AlphaODB & OBDLINK-MX+

I was curious if you found a solution for the DTE

Thanks a bunch,

Mike

OP
OP
captnfun

captnfun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
Not yet but if S&B says it can be done I'll be calling them to ask how.

Love the 60 gallon tank but the DTE issue is frustrating. I've sort of learned to live with it. But I really want to figure it out. Don't have AlphaODB as it doesn't work on IOS devices. Plus my 2018 needs a security bypass cable for it to work. I'm mechanically handy but this computer stuff freaks me out.

I'll let you know what S&B says after I talk to them.

Charlie

2018 RAM 3500 Laramie Dually HO Cummins, ASIN, 3.73 rears​