2018 Ram 8.4 radio, Favorites acting weird for XM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Lonestar Edition with Black Out Package
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anyone have favorites acting up lately? It beeps to notify me, but shows nothing. Then I scan and one of my favorites is on air.28136214071263b2f004ce44952407a8.jpg

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

James Winkelman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
i have had the same issue for a few weeks now...ive been following a forum thread in jeep wrangler about same issue...appears to be a somewhat widespread issue and xm radio is supposedly working on a fix

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
i have had the same issue for a few weeks now...ive been following a forum thread in jeep wrangler about same issue...appears to be a somewhat widespread issue and xm radio is supposedly working on a fix

Thanks for the heads up.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I logged in to look for this exact issue, mine started two days ago and I'm getting exactly what you're experiencing. It beeps as if a favorite is on and when I tap favorites the list is empty saying there's no favorite on right now, however I see favorites playing when scanning XM channels.

Edit: My entire NAV unit was replaced 2 months ago since my original one was de laminating in the corners. Supposedly the new replacement units are from a new manufacturer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I logged in to look for this exact issue, mine started two days ago and I'm getting exactly what you're experiencing. It beeps as if a favorite is on and when I tap favorites the list is empty saying there's no favorite on right now, however I see favorites playing when scanning XM channels.

Edit: My entire NAV unit was replaced 2 months ago since my original one was de laminating in the corners. Supposedly the new replacement units are from a new manufacturer.

Mine was replaced due to the delaminating issue as well.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well today it seems to have fixed itself, working as normal again.

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well today it seems to have fixed itself, working as normal again.
give it time, mine did the same, and later on in the day broke again.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
About 3 months ago mine cleared out all my presets and wouldn't let me select channels such as 100. After contacting Sirius on the phone it was something in my settings. Of course I can't remember now what it was but I'll try to figure it out and post back.

I think what was messed up was on this screen somehow it had majority of the channels skipped. If I remember right I reset them and all has been good since.
Sorry for the glare.

20201129_143517.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
About 3 months ago mine cleared out all my presets and wouldn't let me select channels such as 100. After contacting Sirius on the phone it was something in my settings. Of course I can't remember now what it was but I'll try to figure it out and post back.

I think what was messed up was on this screen somehow it had majority of the channels skipped. If I remember right I reset them and all has been good since.
Sorry for the glare.

View attachment 228880
That's the presets, we're talking about the favorites(artists and songs).

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Has anyone tried a factory reset thru the settings menu to see if that fixes the issue?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
That's the presets, we're talking about the favorites(artists and songs).

Yeah that's what was happening. I was getting ALERTS for a favorite band or song but it wouldn't let me tune to the station because it was blocked in that screen I showed .above.

John Sabatula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine totally shut off yesterday and restarted in about 10 seconds, not sure what's going on with it. Still under warranty if it's ready to puke.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
well now my radio froze up three times today and rebooted. What gives?

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Is F67 the fuse for the radio? I have no radio listing on my fuse legend, but it says F67 is for Bluetooth/CD/DVD

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Is F67 the fuse for the radio? I have no radio listing on my fuse legend, but it says F67 is for Bluetooth/CD/DVD

The fuse for the radio IIRC is the standalone fuse in a rubber boot under the hood on the passenger side near the firewall.

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
well reset radio by pulling fuse , and the random crashes happened again today. It rebooted and froze two times in a row.

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
well quick update and a question. They changed out my radio yet again, and so far no issues. I noticed the boot up animation is different on this radio. My last one had the Ram Emblem(Ram's head), and this one has the word "RAM" on bootup. Different radio or different software? And my favorites are back to working for now too(3 days now).

*Update* Favorites stopped working again, but not freeze ups or reboots.

Last edited:

James Winkelman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hello everyone---

i have had this issue for awhile...i just did this and the 'on-air' favorites immediately populated and stayed functioning for over 15 minutes

go to 'APPS', then Sirius XM setup, then 'uncheck' the 'tune start' box

hope this keeps working...if anyone tries and this fails let us all know

well ...nevermind on this...had to go back out this evening...was all excited thinking it was gonna work only to be disappointed....they really need to send out a fix for this

Last edited: