2018 Ram 8.4 radio, Favorites acting weird for XM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine 2018 locks up or freaks out at least once every day. Latest thing is I get a solid bright blue screen instead of backup camera. It will reboot after about 2 minutes and sometimes work, sometimes reboot again. One day after driving for an hour with someone in the truck and the radio muted, it just went to full volume and the volume knob nor steering wheel controls worked. If you turned the knob to 0 volume it was silent...1 was full volume. It's only done that once. It also many times will come on and the touchscreen nor any buttons will work. It's stuck on whatever station and whatever volume it is at until it decides to reboot.

I was hoping I could chalk it up to Android Auto that buggy POS app. I was going to delete my phone and try NOT using AA for a couple of weeks and see if that's it.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Mine 2018 locks up or freaks out at least once every day. Latest thing is I get a solid bright blue screen instead of backup camera. It will reboot after about 2 minutes and sometimes work, sometimes reboot again. One day after driving for an hour with someone in the truck and the radio muted, it just went to full volume and the volume knob nor steering wheel controls worked. If you turned the knob to 0 volume it was silent...1 was full volume. It's only done that once. It also many times will come on and the touchscreen nor any buttons will work. It's stuck on whatever station and whatever volume it is at until it decides to reboot.

I was hoping I could chalk it up to Android Auto that buggy POS app. I was going to delete my phone and try NOT using AA for a couple of weeks and see if that's it.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Ram Cares

James Winkelman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
i just canceled my xm radio service...without the favorites working i may as well listen to the radio..at least then i wont be so frustrated and disappointed and radio is free...this should not be this difficult to resolve