Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firemanbuzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Recently while driving my Ram will cycle through all of the warning/alert messages on the dash then turn on the exhaust brake and the wipers will come on and NOT go off. Then all of the dash outputs/alerts go off (dash is blank), the wipers still running, no turn signals working and the AC turns off. If I stop and put the truck in park it will not let me put it back in drive. If I turn the truck off everything goes dark. The only thing that will work are the door locks (and the alarm). I have to let it cool down and it will then start up again. However when it warms up again the same cycle starts all over. It's left me stranded several times and the dealership cannot figure it out despite being able to repeat what I experience. It does not throw any engine codes either. Total, freaking frustrating, mystery. Has anyone else had this happen and what did you have to do to fix it.

Ricktara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I remember an issue a few years ago with similar symptoms, especially wipers not shutting off. If I remember correctly it was the TIPM. Good luck

NTX Mopar Family

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have very similar problems. Any resolution to yours? Mine has been sitting at a diesel shop for 2 weeks and they are stumped.

OP
OP
Firemanbuzz

Firemanbuzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I finally picked up my truck from the shop. Embarrassed to say how long it was there.. I drove my truck to the shop and they told me it was the BCM. However when they changed the BCM it lost all power. Shop tried to tell me there is a short in the wiring harness.. Long story short they were about to put it all back together and call me to tow it to another shop when one of the mechanics moved the harness and power came back.. Turned out it was a bad connection on one of pin connectors to the BCM connector.. They removed the bad connector and soldered in a replacement. I have my truck back, FINALLY... The other thing they found was a loose ground wire under the dash which was suspected to cause the BCM to fail in the first place.

Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo