2018 RAM Security Module Bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the-tru-albertan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
@Mpgrimm2

Hello there! First time poster here. Glad I found the Kaodtech guys!

Any availability on a 2020 Ram 2500 bypass harness? Your website has been saying out of stock for a bit. Would love to get my hands on one.

I'm trying to get into the body computer to turn off the low beam for the daytime running lights. (Canadian truck) I have the OBDLink MX+ and access to AlfaOBD via an andriod device. Just need this damn cable.

Thanks for your work on this as well! Very much appreciated!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@Mpgrimm2

Any availability on a 2020 Ram 2500 bypass harness? Your website has been saying out of stock for a bit. Would love to get my hands on one.

I'm trying to get into the body computer to turn off the low beam for the daytime running lights. (Canadian truck) I have the OBDLink MX+ and access to AlfaOBD via an andriod device. Just need this damn cable.

@DeereGuy is the one who actually makes them and sells through his own site... When he runs out, he usually has them back up in a few days, but it is the holiday (I haven't been able to catch up with him for a bit now).

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@Mpgrimm2

... Looks like he's got em in stock again

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Checking on this as well... I need to pick one up and it says its out of stock again! Also does anyone know if you can use this (I have a 2018) with the AlfoOBD and module and disable the AGS system?

Last edited:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
** AlfaOBD (for activating factory features yourself. See Docs & videos linked in OP to get started.

---> OBDLink MX BT adapter

---> KaodTech Security Gateway Bypass
Great thread as well as the one on the Security Bypass where I found the quote above. Just ordered a Bypass from DeerGuy, found a

OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth on Amazon Canada for less than ordering it from Amazon U.S.

Now all I have to do is download AlphaOBD to my phone or tablet.

Appreciate all the help. I resisted doing this but the Dealer not being able to change even basic stuff convinced me to take the leap and learn how to do it myself.
Thanks all.