2018 Rebel with air suspension blowing fuse F05

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmrtnsn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram Forum folks,

All right, it’s the wife’s Ram a 2018 Ram Rebel with all the bells and whistles including air suspension. A few weeks back it dropped down in front onto the bump stops. I reviewed the threads here and R&R’d fuse #F05 which was bad. I reset the suspension and all seemed fine for a few weeks. She had the truck serviced and the dealer found no issues (I doubt they looked very hard). All has been fine then yesterday it blew fuse #F05 again.

Fuse F087 checks fine. Fuse F50 checks fine. Relay K50 checks fine. All connections under the driver’s seat appear fine, all tight with no loose connections. I removed the compressor cover and the same, all connections appear good. No signs of excess heat.

This is a warm weather truck with less than 30K miles. Any Ram service techs here with experience with the system?

My systems experience points me to the compressor or a switch for the compressor being at fault. If there’s a Ram trouble shooting guide anyone has access to, or any advice or any real experience with troubleshooting this system, all would be appreciated.

Also, I’m in need of a new OBD II scan tool, would love some recommendations. The one I have is about 15 years old.

thank you!

K

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I think when the F05 fuse starts blowing the compressor assembly is on its way out.

As for a scan tool for these trucks, get AlfaOBD. You can scan for errors most regular scan tools won't read, there is diagnostic procedures, can read live sensor data along with ability to change
vehicle configuration.
Even having to buy an inexpensive tablet along with a OBDLink MX+ or MX reader, it's well worth the price of admission.