2019 1500 Classic - 8.4" Uconnect - Equalizer will not adjust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jessev74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hey all, new 2019 classic owner here. Love the truck so far. I'm having an issue adjusting the equalizer on the 8.4" stereo. It seems to be stuck at the settings the previous owner had them on. When I click the arrows up and down nothing happens. Other than this the stereo works fine. Has anyone had this issue before?

I tried the various methods of resetting the stereo but none seem to work on my 2019 classic other than going into the menu and doing a soft reset that way (which didn't solve my problem)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey all, new 2019 classic owner here. Love the truck so far. I'm having an issue adjusting the equalizer on the 8.4" stereo. It seems to be stuck at the settings the previous owner had them on. When I click the arrows up and down nothing happens. Other than this the stereo works fine. Has anyone had this issue before?

I tried the various methods of resetting the stereo but none seem to work on my 2019 classic other than going into the menu and doing a soft reset that way (which didn't solve my problem)
Reflashing the firmware may solve the issue but can sometimes be risky. IN addition, if you have access to AlfaOBD you can connect directly to the radio and I believe the EQ is one of the settings you can manipulate.