2019 1500 etoque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unlucky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi with etoque
2019 5.7 etoque system went out on my truck took it to the dealer December 5th they told me that the warehouse does not have it in stock then they gave me a date for 3 weeks now they are saying early next year SUBJECT TO CHANGE wondering when my truck will be done

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
The whole system on the engine
The eTorque “system” consists of multiple components. To say “the whole system” failed is a bit hard to believe. Since your dealer says “the warehouse doesn’t have IT” tells me it’s a singular component that failed. Most likely the 48v motor/generator. This forum has a lot of very good technical minds on it. All are willing to help a fellow Ram owner. Even if they can’t help, your experience helps others work through similar situations.

If you could find out precisely what failed in your truck and posted it, you may be surprised at the support you’d get from this forum.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The eTorque “system” consists of multiple components. To say “the whole system” failed is a bit hard to believe. Since your dealer says “the warehouse doesn’t have IT” tells me it’s a singular component that failed. Most likely the 48v motor/generator. This forum has a lot of very good technical minds on it. All are willing to help a fellow Ram owner. Even if they can’t help, your experience helps others work through similar situations.

If you could find out precisely what failed in your truck and posted it, you may be surprised at the support you’d get from this forum.
Yeah, could use a lil more details. Was it electronics, Generator, 48V Battery, need more info. Also, the Supply Chain is F U B A R, basically broke, so all that depends. If you get stuff in a timely manner, best burn some incense, candle something from your RAM Altar, just a saying.

GlennRH

Military
Reaction score
As someone in the market I should probably just stay away from any forums. Coming from multiple E250's for my work and their love of new transmissions every 30K I'm already gun shy. Add to that I would have to rely on the dealership for warranty work, none of which near me even offer loaner cars.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If there's anything positive in this, it's good to know the whole E-torque system can **** the bed and the truck will still function without it. Waiting on parts is the new normal unfortunately.

Try loosing your E-steering rack on your 2013+ Ram 1500. You're lucky to only wait a month to find a replacement.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yikes reading this I think I'll just keep my 3500.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Couple questions after reading replies...

1 - If the Etorque "system", as he stated, goes out, you can keep driving it? How does the engine battery get recharged if the Motor Generator Unit drops dead?

2 - What's to stop someone from picking up used parts from LKQonline? I mean... supply and demand can drive prices in either direction but, the most expensive part is the battery and that's only $900.

If it meant using or not using my truck for an indefinite amount of time, I'd have it towed home until they got parts at the stealership, swap in a used LKQ (they guarantee their parts) battery pack and keep driving until they dealership called. Swap the dead pack back in... Once they replaced the defective pack with a brand-new pack, I'd set the spare in storage or resale.

Ya'll may think I'm nuts on this stuff but, there's a point, it doesn't make financial sense to wait on the supply chain. Woman I work with had an accident and it took them 2 1/2 months for the parts. In the meantime, she spent $2000+ on rental cars. I have NO idea why she didn't have rental coverage, but she didn't. And at the height of the car shortage... rental car companies were robbing us just like the dealers did. LKQ had the parts for $800 but she wanted brand new parts on a 100,000 mile car. SMH!