2019 1500 Limited Low Mileage, Power Steering Failure, No Recall, Out of Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited crew cab 4X2 on 11/19/19.

The truck started flashing check steering alerts late last year but the warning would go away if I started and stopped the truck a few times. Finally in late February I tried to book an appointment at the dealer that I purchased the truck from but they said I would have to leave the truck with them for 5 to 7 days before they could even take a look at. I went to another dealer on March 10, 2022 with 15,810 miles.

The Dodge dealer checked out the truck and advised that I needed a new gear-rack and pinion as well as a 4 wheel alignment. The charge was $4,100.00.

I was told that my truck did not qualify for a recall and my warranty had expired 4 months ago.

My question is what recourse if any do I have at this point? How does the power steering fail with such low mileage? Why are some 2019 vin numbers covered by a recall and others not?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
search feature to find RAMCARES and start a conversation with them. they have helped a few others with issues.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I purchased a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited crew cab 4X2 on 11/19/19.

The truck started flashing check steering alerts late last year but the warning would go away if I started and stopped the truck a few times. Finally in late February I tried to book an appointment at the dealer that I purchased the truck from but they said I would have to leave the truck with them for 5 to 7 days before they could even take a look at. I went to another dealer on March 10, 2022 with 15,810 miles.

The Dodge dealer checked out the truck and advised that I needed a new gear-rack and pinion as well as a 4 wheel alignment. The charge was $4,100.00.

I was told that my truck did not qualify for a recall and my warranty had expired 4 months ago.

My question is what recourse if any do I have at this point? How does the power steering fail with such low mileage? Why are some 2019 vin numbers covered by a recall and others not?
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares