2019 1500 tow mirror upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 1500 Classic Big Horn 4x4 with the factory power folding, power operating heated mirrors, but they aren't the tow mirrors. I'm trying to find the best (affordable) tow mirror upgrade. I found the Trail Ridge mirrors for the 2018 and from what I understand, these SHOULD fit. I'm just trying to get input from those that have done this to make sure these are the correct ones. Also, I've read that there is a support bracket that needs to be installed when going to the tow mirrors, but I haven't seen where to get that yet.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Beardking

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I can't say for sure that they would fit but I have Trail Ridge on my truck and alot of members here have them too and they are high quality so if you do find they fit I wouldn't have any concerns with buying them

OP
OP
B

beardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I found out something last night that makes me happy. I picked up my new to me 2021 Forest River Wolf Pup 16fq and low and behold, it's narrow enough that I can see just fine around it with my factory mirrors. So, for now I'm going to save the money on the tow mirror upgrade. I'll probably put that money towards better headlights because the stock ones leave a LOT to be desired.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well, I found out something last night that makes me happy. I picked up my new to me 2021 Forest River Wolf Pup 16fq and low and behold, it's narrow enough that I can see just fine around it with my factory mirrors. So, for now I'm going to save the money on the tow mirror upgrade. I'll probably put that money towards better headlights because the stock ones leave a LOT to be desired.

Oh yeah those trailers are pretty narrow. You will probably be fine for now without tow mirrors, but eventually I'd do the upgrade just to do it - folded down the tow mirrors aren't that much wider than the non-towing mirrors, and folded up they give you a vastly improved field of view.

OP
OP
B

beardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah those trailers are pretty narrow. You will probably be fine for now without tow mirrors, but eventually I'd do the upgrade just to do it - folded down the tow mirrors aren't that much wider than the non-towing mirrors, and folded up they give you a vastly improved field of view.
Yeah, eventually vials like to do the upgrade, but for now I'm on with saving the $$$$. Costly since I keep dropping cash left and right for other things for the trailer.

09SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't say for sure that they would fit but I have Trail Ridge on my truck and alot of members here have them too and they are high quality so if you do find they fit I wouldn't have any concerns with buying them
How much wider are the trail ridge than the factory mirrors when the trail ridge are folded down?

Stangboy101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hey guys, have a 17 1500 eco vin 1C6RR7NMXHS874784 that i bought last year and have been all over both the web and the forums searching for clarification on the stupid door modules to add the power fold tow mirrors. Most say 102 and 103 will work, however, Rockauto says not with the tow. Mine came with factory tow, i just want to add the power fold option. I have the Laramie with auto dim rearview, not 100% if the tow auto dim or not, my door switch will be here tomorrow. Last question is, is there a way to add the blidspot mirror? Thanks in advance for the help and continued support.