2019/20 1500 classic EcoDiesels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eldoradoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
Hi guys, new poster here.

I’m in the market for a new truck sometime this year and pretty set on Ram. I’m all over the map on what trim I want and 5th gen vs Classic. It’ll depend on a couple things, but anyways I’m tempted by the 2019 classic Laramie (they’re giving them away starting at $33k). No dealers seem to have any new Classic Bighorns (even though you can build one on ram website) and the couple I found had much lower incentives and thus a price tag in the 40’s, no way.

So to the point, it seems any new Classic Laramie comes with the ED as the only engine option. I’m only somewhat tuned in to the ED issues and recalls and post EPA turbo lag issues, but that seems pretty crappy sounding. Are these issues still present on a brand new ‘19 or ‘20 classic ecodiesel? Driveability issues? Turbo lag? I like the idea of the fuel economy and do plan on a travel trailer in near future, and with the incentives it basically erases any up charge for the Ecodiesel that there would have been.

thoughts? Thanks for any help!

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Welcome to the forum. I would be surprised if the new classic Laramie is only optioned with the ED. Something must be screwy because they have the hemi and v-6 available.

Side note, the 19 will have the 2nd gen ecodiesel and the 20 will have the 3rd gen ecodiesel. If you are going to purchase an eco, I would spend the $$ and get the new one. It has a higher tow rating. Good luck with whatever you choose.

OP
OP
E

Eldoradoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
The only engine option on the build & price page of Ram’s website for the Laramie is the ED.

I agree about the 5th gen with the new ED, just that the classic models are tempting due to the price.