2019-2020 OEM Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huskerz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I tow a 12k 5th wheel. Ordered a new 2020 Laramie Night Edition 3500 DRW without this. Looking for reviews of this OEM option on their truck. I think still have time to add it in. The price on the option is only $345. It displays on the center cluster. Just wondering if the aftermarket trailer tpms monitors are better.

Thanks

Last edited:

Steve Pencka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
I Just purchased a 2019 Ram 3500 Limited Mega Cab. It came with TPMS for truck and "according to the salesman" Ram will be adding software load to add TPMS for trailers. Just no clue when (assuming this is true). In any case, I'm now looking for a TT - if the software isn't ready by TT purchase, I will buy the TST system as well!!

Good luck!

acaiati

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I have a 2019 2500 Limited also was told it has TTPMS well nope no go. You would think FCA get on the ball and get this update!!

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I Just purchased a 2019 Ram 3500 Limited Mega Cab. It came with TPMS for truck and "according to the salesman" Ram will be adding software load to add TPMS for trailers. Just no clue when (assuming this is true). In any case, I'm now looking for a TT - if the software isn't ready by TT purchase, I will buy the TST system as well!!

Good luck!

I have a 2019 2500 Limited also was told it has TTPMS well nope no go. You would think FCA get on the ball and get this update!!
There are parts that need to be installed also. If you are waiting for FCA for a retro kit, you’ll be waiting a long time. We have already done what FCA refuses to do for the 2019s, and figured out how to install the rest of the feature and enable it, and many have successfully added it- https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/tpms-tis-sensors-for-trailer.232/

Bucke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie 4x2
Engine
5.7 etorque 3.92 rear
Anyone know why TTPMS was not available on 2020 Ram 1500?

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve been using TST for 3 years on our motorhome, and I have four additional sensors for the towed vehicle. It works very well. The pressures are accurate however I have zero confidence in the temperatures because the sensors sit at the end of the valve stem. I highly doubt you can get an accurate internal tire temp there. What you get is the temperature of the end of the valve stem, basically ambient temperatures. That said, I don’t really care about that feature.

Unfortunately I can’t compare the Ram trailer TPMS, I don’t have it.

With TST I need to recharge the display unit about every third or fourth full day of driving. And it is one more gadget to find space for. The display is about the size of a cigarette pack. It’s got an audible alert, so there’s no need to watch it at all.

Miles777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 litre

Dalton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 TD
I am using a HawksHead TPMS and it works very well. However I do wish I had the factory system.

Clpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
I have 2022 3500. Have used the factory tpms and works great on utility trailer. Wanted to add to 5th wheel rv and the valve stems were to short for the tires and rim. Has anyone found a way to address this problem?