2019 2500 6.4 AC not very cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RainDesert

RainDesert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well got it fixed today, looks like they don’t know how to program the units at the factory. It works perfect now good and cold, Ram needs to get there quality control program together
Glad you got it fixed, so how or what did they do?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Well got it fixed today, looks like they don’t know how to program the units at the factory. It works perfect now good and cold, Ram needs to get there quality control program together

Thank you for sharing this update, Michael. I am glad to hear that your dealer was able to take care of this concern for you. Please do not hesitate to reach back out should you experience any additional questions/concerns down the road.

Mark
RamCares

TXTornados

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Thank you for sharing this update, Michael. I am glad to hear that your dealer was able to take care of this concern for you. Please do not hesitate to reach back out should you experience any additional questions/concerns down the road.

Mark
RamCares

How did you get it fixed? I purchased a new 2019 RAM 2500 6.4L Big Horn just over a week ago and my AC blows okay. It is in the 60s here, so not much need to blow AC much. I can take back to the dealer if needed to fix.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
How did you get it fixed? I purchased a new 2019 RAM 2500 6.4L Big Horn just over a week ago and my AC blows okay. It is in the 60s here, so not much need to blow AC much. I can take back to the dealer if needed to fix.

Hi @TXTornados - if you end up addressing this with your dealer, please be sure to let us know via private message. We are more than happy to provide you with additional support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

TXTornados

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

Michael, what needs to be programmed correctly at the dealership? I am 40 miles away from mine and do not want to take to them unless it is necessary. My AC blows cold especially when on Max, but like it fixed before the terrible Texas summer. Thanks.

Gasser54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if the dealers can fix this issue? My '19 6.4 does not blow cold air at all, barely cool in fact.

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if the dealers can fix this issue? My '19 6.4 does not blow cold air at all, barely cool in fact.

Welcome to the club. Seems like we all have that problem wether is a 2500 or 1500. Mine is pretty weak too. Appt at dealership on the 11th for that and other stuff. Just bought the damn thing and im almost regretting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Mine is also just okay, but not cold cold

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
My son has a 2018 2500 and has been complaining about his AC being too warm. I have a 2018 2500 also but mine seems good

Sniper101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just dropped mine off Texas heat is killing me my 2019 2500 blows cool not cold

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

dodge&me

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Took my 2019 2500 6.4 Hemi to dealer last Friday. Here is what the technician reported:

"Found A/C is only blowing 70 degrees in the cab. Checked high and low pressure. Pressures are 50 and 225. Recovered A/C system and recovered 1.1 lb of refrigerant. Spec call for 1.31 lb. Recharged A/C system with 1.31 lb. Low side pressure is now at 40 and high is around 200. Interior temperature has dropped to 60 degrees at idle."

Technician was convinced it came from the factory that way and wasn't to spec when shipped. While the A/C is not as cold as I would like, it was a noticeable improvement and I was comfortable driving in high temps/humidity over the weekend. Waiting for the so called "fix" from Dodge and hopefully it will solve the A/C issue.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
and hot air on cool mornings.[/QUOTE]

I once had a problem with a neighbor like that! ;)

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Took my 2019 2500 6.4 Hemi to dealer last Friday. Here is what the technician reported:

"Found A/C is only blowing 70 degrees in the cab. Checked high and low pressure. Pressures are 50 and 225. Recovered A/C system and recovered 1.1 lb of refrigerant. Spec call for 1.31 lb. Recharged A/C system with 1.31 lb. Low side pressure is now at 40 and high is around 200. Interior temperature has dropped to 60 degrees at idle."

Technician was convinced it came from the factory that way and wasn't to spec when shipped. While the A/C is not as cold as I would like, it was a noticeable improvement and I was comfortable driving in high temps/humidity over the weekend. Waiting for the so called "fix" from Dodge and hopefully it will solve the A/C issue.

I wonder if this is exclusive to the Cummins variants. My A/C in my 2020 2500 Hemi is ice cold. I may have them look at it just to make sure the pressures read the same as yours.

I can hook up my gauges but it's under warranty so I'll let them deal with it...

WoodGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gotta second the ice cold with mine! On a 100* day, I'm turning it down half way home :waytogo:

Duluth Diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Same issue here. AC is cool but not cold. Every other vehicle I’ve ever owned with AC blows colder than my 2019. Sounds like I need to get it in for a warranty claim.

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine is cold, blows below 50. I only struggle with it when the sun is beating on me through the windows. Definitely needs tint.

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This issue is caused by blend doors inside your dash. I had the same problem in my 2019 All New problems Ram 1500. Someone mentioned this hack online and it does cool your truck down. Open the hood and Pinch off the heater hose going to the heater core with some vise grips. I took a zip tie and secure my vise so if it came loose I wouldn't lose my vise. Went from 52 out the driver vent after an hour of driving to 38 out the driver vent after an hour of driving. 20200717_173202.jpg 20200717_173202.jpg

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck trying to find a Ram dealer to fix the blend door issue. I gave up and no longer own my dream truck after my dream turned into a nightmare. I drove this truck with explative warm ac for a year and sweated my explative off.
I tinted the windows with the expensive tint at a tint shop. Helped some with the sun, but was still not cold inside.
Had the ac on full blast all the time. I couldn't hear when talking on hands free very well. And after a while wouldn't take calls anymore because of the ac on full blast. Along with the warm ac my defrost was always on making mornings unsafe because my windsheild would fog up. Also had ac out the door defrost vents and my side windows would fog up too. Totally unsafe and never seen a vehicle with a broken defrost until this truck.

I tried to like the truck, even had a performance muffler installed. Sounded great!

Then, Some time later at 8k miles the power steering failed and I almost crashed! Dealer fixed after two attempts!

The gas tank size of 23 gallons was never mentioned before I purchased the truck. I tow everyday for work and the extra 3 gallons would have made a huge difference. I stopped every two days to fill up. Never making it to day 3. If I filled up in the morning by my house I would get home from work with half a tank left. Day two I would be working in town and couldn't make it home without running out of gas and would have to stop and fill up. The extra range lost from the smaller tank really made me upset and bewildered by how Ram just didn't list the tank size on the window sticker like they did in the past. Crew cab v8 hemi with a 3.92 towing gear and a tiny gas tank. For real?

The ac vents were hard to direct the air flow. If anyone moved my ac vent it wasn't easy to get air to blow where you wanted it. The previous model Ram, and I had two a 2017 and 2015, was super easy to direct air flow.

The tailgate latch was defective on my all new problems 2019 Ram. I would have to push the tailgate for the latch to work.

The weather stripping on the ram box fell off. It wasn't secured at all and didn't have any grip to stay in place.

The oil filter was over torqued from the factory.

I hated the spacing of the headrest and the seat back. I use to shove a towel there while I was working and sit on a towel. Instead I had to lay the towel on the seat and made sure to not lean forward or the towel would fall.

The lower door pockets were not accessible when the door was closed. I didn't like the pewter metal trim look inside. The dash layout was better in the last generation Ram.

My radio had a hard time with reception and the volume would bounce up and down like a kid playing with the volume knob. It was weird because I never seen a radio do that before.

The vibration cancellation unit under my seat would go nuts when slowing down on occasion. Felt like a chicks vibrator was left on under my seat. I think there may have been mud on the unit. When I cleaned off the mud the problem didn't come back. But it was always random anyway.

Full rear wheel wells are now optional :(

I hated the overhead interior lights switch. Was way better when it was located near the headlight switch.

I am surprised they left the turn signal alone and didn't redesign that. After all its completely functional and works great just like the last generation Ram. Why didn't they break that too? My wife's Pacifica has a redesign switch and they added another switch for wipers. Takes getting use to that. We had an older town and country and everything was on one turn signal switch.

I did love the new Ram steering wheel! I like the space on the bottom to hold onto the wheel with one hand. That and the outside styling were great.

I got tons of complements on the truck. But when people approached and asked if I like the truck I would shake my head and say no I don't. I would say the 2015 and 2017 were great! The last generation Ram was built for work and the truck worked. These are far from being a work truck.

I guess the last straw for me was Tuesday. Got into my truck to leave for work and it wouldn't start. The battery was almost dead after 3 days off. So, I jumped the truck and went to work. On my way to work I called my local Ram dealer the nearest one to me. I didn't buy my truck there but really needed their help. I asked the service department if they could look at my battery if I stop by and they said not today because they are completely booked. Ok, whatever. I am at work now and finish my first job and the truck sat for about 45 mins. I hop in and my truck wouldn't start. I had at least 10 more jobs to do that day and a dead truck. I have owned my Ram for 13 months and I never once depleted my battery. And now it's dead. So, I fixed one major problem and I no longer own the all new problems Ram 1500.

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As I sit here enjoying the new day there are more things that come to mind about this all new problems Ram. No under seat storage in the back. I purchased a bin online made to fit there and that was nice.
If you get an all new Ram don't forget to buy mud flaps right away. The smallest puddle or sand will dirty the truck instantly. Mud flaps front and back help a lot. I got a set for 35 on amazon and they worked great.
Let's see, this is some of the things I did during the last year and 30k miles.
I tinted the windows $200
Added under backseat storage bin $130
Added mud flaps $35
Added step bars $250
Added dash carpet $85
Added hard floor mats $150
Bought Larime rims and AT tires $2000
Ceramic coated the truck, dont remember how much, not cheap
B2 fabrication muffler $250
Cabin air filter $8 rockauto, regular maintenance
Wix Air filter $20 at oriellys, regular maintenance of course
Synthetic oil and synthetic oil filter every 6k miles.
Was about to change the spark plugs to double tip iridium. Didn't get the chance
20200426_192723.jpg