2019 2500 6.4 gas tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Ward

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500 CCSB 4x4
Engine
6.4 gasser
Anybody have experience using a tuner on any HD gas engine? Did it void warranty? Did it improve mpg's? Especially curious on any mpg improvement.

Thanks

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve tuned a number of my previous trucks and cars, so I’ll be curious to watch this thread.

I have never realized an increase in economy except for cases where I could tune the truck to hold gears and not downshift as often on a hill, when towing.

Excepting that particular situation, the economy has otherwise decreased.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
While I have no experience with a 2019 tuner, in general you will be hard pressed to squeeze any more mpg out of these newer trucks. Your driving habits are going to be your best avenue to the best mpg.
And yes it can void your warranty.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dunno if they are released yet, usually takes a year or two, and I believe the PCM”s are locked, and require the purchase of a 2nd PCM

ToTheDarkSide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
:mad:Damn, 1200 bucks to disable MDS, adjust tpms, and void a lifetime warranty!! Gotta pay to play I guess

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The days of tuners and "chips" improving MPGs are largely over. Manufacturers push so hard for every little bit of improvement that it's hard to squeeze any more out. Most of the mods these days seem to be to improve performance or just to change things - allow you to run tires as lower PSI w/o lights going off, shift points in transmissions, etc.

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Funny how others just want to turn off the damn MDS....it really is annoying isn't it. I'll just learn to live with it I guess.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there any way to tell if it's in the MDS mode other than the green ECO light? I'm not sure when it is in the 4 cyl mode.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is there any way to tell if it's in the MDS mode other than the green ECO light? I'm not sure when it is in the 4 cyl mode.

Mine vibrates like you're driving down a set of rumble strips. I can feel it as soon as it comes on.

Jim Ballantyne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I spoke with Diablo/Superchips Tech Support this morning. Was told that the programming tools for 2019 6.4 Hemi has not been released yet and yes you need to purchase an unlocked PCM to be able to use. They said this is an absolute must. All I wanted to do is adjust the tire size since I went with larger tires and correct the speedometer display. The dealership said they can't/won't adjust, which really sucks!

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spoke with Diablo/Superchips Tech Support this morning. Was told that the programming tools for 2019 6.4 Hemi has not been released yet and yes you need to purchase an unlocked PCM to be able to use. They said this is an absolute must. All I wanted to do is adjust the tire size since I went with larger tires and correct the speedometer display. The dealership said they can't/won't adjust, which really sucks!

You don’t need to go through all that just for tire size/speedo correction. I used the rough country speedo calibrator on my 2020 Power Wagon when I went to 35’s. Worked fine for speedo and shift points.AEV also makes the procal snap which works for tire size and TPMS thresholds. AlphaOBD is another one.

The unlocked PCM deal is only if you want to start changing engine management parameters.

Jim Ballantyne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks, I'll look to purchase tomorrow!
i just went with 35's and as you know shift points and the speedometer is way off!

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Alfa ODB, Kaodtech bypass, and a ODBII adapter are all you need to adjust TPMS, tire size, and change settings. Super easy to do.