2019 2500 6.4 Tradesman Lights dimming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Arivett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings
I have enjoyed my New Ram truck but I have noticed something a little odd and wondered if anyone could tell me if this is doing this for a reason or should I have it checked out by the dealer?

Problem: When driving during the day and I turn on the wipers, my dash and radio lights will dim after a few seconds and when the wipers are turned off, the lights will brighten again..

Thank you for all of your thoughts. Gary ([email protected])

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
There is a setting for day time running lamps when wipers are turned on in the settings through the stereo, when the DRLs turn on your dash lights dim.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There is a setting in uconnect that will turn on your headlights when your wipers are on. Sounds like that's what it's doing. I shut that feature off on mine. Let us know if that fixes it.

Red

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What the other guys said. When you turn your wipers on, headlights come on as well dimming you’re dash.

I left mine that way. Head and tail lights should be on when it’s pouring.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I believe you can also set it so that the interior lights stay bright even when the headlights come on with wipers. Once the sensor senses it’s getting dark they will dim. Look in your radio setting for the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Greetings
I have enjoyed my New Ram truck but I have noticed something a little odd and wondered if anyone could tell me if this is doing this for a reason or should I have it checked out by the dealer?

Problem: When driving during the day and I turn on the wipers, my dash and radio lights will dim after a few seconds and when the wipers are turned off, the lights will brighten again..

Thank you for all of your thoughts. Gary ([email protected])

Hi @Gary Arivett - I see that you were able to receive support from fellow forum members which is great! I also just want to make sure that you are aware that our team is available via private message and we are always more than happy to provide an additional layer of support should you need to work with your dealer at all down the road.

Mark
RamCares