2019 3500 Tradesman duel Rears tire pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How in the hell do you check/change tire pressure on the rear? Both valves with extensions are on the inside and face each other , what a pain.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I’d take it back to the dealer and tell them to “index” the wheels. They should know what that means but guessing they won’t. The valve stems on dual wheels should be in opposing positions. They need to rotate the outside dual to place the stems opposite of each other.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Honestly on my dually, I had the extensions on the inner rears for a year or two. Found I never added air anyway. Was worried the extensions were going to cause a failure, so I removed them. Again havent added air for two years. Once every couple of years I remove the tires for a good cleaning, and add air if needed.

OP
OP
Wadejesu

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Steven, Funny you mentioned that because that's exactly what I did, Thru away the cheap plastic extensions and put real caps on the stems. If I ever replace tires I'll replace TPMS with Metal stems.

Motorman001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The factory extensions are perfectly safe for long-term use. They are designed so that the center pin in the Schrader valve is only depressed when you are adding or releasing air. The rest of the time the air seal is maintained inside the valve, exactly as if a little rubber cap was screwed on in place of the extension. I've been using these valve extensions for 50 years. Never had a problem.