2019 6.4 Knocking, Low oil(pressure), Pump replacement, not offering to look at Lifters and Cam at 32000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
buying used can be very risky if you dont have a trusted mechanic look it over first.
your title says low oil. whats that all about?
well he does say low pressure so I am guessing low oil pressure but i am sure you new that...

OP
OP
B

BBencker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
buying used can be very risky if you dont have a trusted mechanic look it over first.
your title says low oil. whats that all about?
low oil (pressure), although Monday they said abnormally high pressure. Really at a loss.

OP
OP
B

BBencker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Maybe should have bought brand new , then you know what you are starting with. Should have taken to your own mechanic and not rely on dealers bs opinion . Dealers do lie ,often ,most probably every day. You trusted the dealer saying knocking was normal. All the more reason fora second look.
Well I'm 3 years into the Raleigh area and haven't found a reliable mechanic yet for the work I do not want to take on. I wasn't able to haul it back to the coast for my buddy's to help go over. I wrench on my GMs and Fords heck even my wife's Infinity all day. New product line for me and with a million hemi tick posts thought it was "normal". Man oh man something like this will make you appreciate a motor that was at 300000 when you let it go with only external parts replaced. I miss the fan clutch roaring louder than anything. It took me 4.5-5 months to pick a truck, and others were worse. No I don't think I did a good job with this purchase. This spring was the worst possible time to purchase. I did look at new but none were rolling onto the lots in my bighorn price range. I had a chevy on order before this truck popped up super clean and only 18000 miles. Everyday since buying and cranking it up my gut turns. So I'm hoping this is fixed appropriately and I may keep it.
Yes it's current value is about break even with my loan pay off. So I may start the search over shortly. This is close to it but it is a Sport package with all black paint up front and the 20 inch rims.
&bkgnd=transparent&resp=png&width=1600&height=1200.png

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Try to take advantage of RamCares offer they have helped some in the past.