2019 Bighorn issues, looking for advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mmelo71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good day to all,

I've got a 2019 Bighorn, I just hit 34,000 miles and the check engine light came on. Nothing wrong with the truck. Can I assume this is one of those manufacturer milestone mileage events or do I really need to take it in to get hooked up? Also, I've read that you have to disconnect the negative battery terminal to turn it off, true?

Last night the display did not automatically dim when the headlights came on. (21st century problems) I manually dimmed the display but I'd like to fix the issue. I've not checked the fuses yet but I will. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Still no luck with my rear window defrost either.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My suggestion would be to have the codes read. There could be more than one code set and sometimes one code will cause other codes to be set. You can't fix something until you understand what is causing the issue. I am not a fan of disconnecting the battery in hopes it will fix the problem cause it won't.

OP
OP
M

Mmelo71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My suggestion would be to have the codes read. There could be more than one code set and sometimes one code will cause other codes to be set. You can't fix something until you understand what is causing the issue. I am not a fan of disconnecting the battery in hopes it will fix the problem cause it won't.
Yeah, I agree, that was going to be my move but I figured I'd see what the Ram consensus was.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Take it to an Autozone store. They can read the code for free and clear it to see if it comes back again.

Red

brian42

Military
Reaction score
It's not a 'manufacturer milestone'. I have never had a random MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) and I'm at 80K miles.

For the dash dimming was it selected to the detent above maximum brightness (when dimmed) so that the dash does not dim when the headlights come on? I did that on accident once. I had a couple of days where the dash didn't dim with the headlights and thought something was wrong. I ran the dimmer switch to minimum then back up. That's when I realized that I had set the dimmer switch to the stop (no dimming) instead of just before that (maximum brightness when headlights are on).