2019 classic 8.4 radio in gen 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlakeMarshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am looking at a 2019 ram 1500 classic 8.4in radio to swap into my 2018 ram 2500. It appears to be the exact same dash as the gen 4. Does anyone know if these 2019 classic's use the RA4 or the newer UAS models?

Thanks

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 and newer should be UAS/UAQ (panasonic with android auto and apple carplay), there is a really long thread about this somewhere...

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year

found the thread for you, it's about putting a UAS/UAQ in a 2013-2017, but it has all the info about what is compatible with what and so forth

OP
OP
B

BlakeMarshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the 4 speed HVAC. Infotainment has a bezel for the stock large knobs and volume knob that should work with the UAS model.

I have the base 3in screen with the phone control in the top right. I haven't seen any threads on this exact swap, but it is the newer version of the 3in radios so maybe itll be a little easier than the full 2017 uas swap.

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I have the 4 speed HVAC. Infotainment has a bezel for the stock large knobs and volume knob that should work with the UAS model.

I have the base 3in screen with the phone control in the top right. I haven't seen any threads on this exact swap, but it is the newer version of the 3in radios so maybe itll be a little easier than the full 2017 uas swap.
I have a 2018 3500 Tradesman with the 5.0 screen and am doing this right now. You‘re going to have to do the whole HVAC upgrade, USB hub upgrade and possibly the automatic temperature control (ATC) upgrade. The thread above that was posted has all the info. The Infotainment place got their upgrade stuff from this forum so just go through MP Grimm to get your harnesses and installation instructions. He’ll tell you exactly what you need.

Edit: You will also have to get a 8.4 bezel as well to switch out. My radio is coming in today and I’ll finish it up and post pictures of before and after.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Infotainment has a bezel for the stock large knobs and volume knob that should work with the UAS model.
You might want to shy away from buying things through them, lots of members have had problems with them in the past and were left hanging.
Since it sounds like you already have the radio, talk to @Mpgrimm2 with M² Mods before buying anything, he'll get you hooked up with the right stuff