2019 Dodge Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't forget to check the ground posts on the fenders and radiator core support for bad connections.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 73044 miles

KC5TGQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Mine did that at 35k. They replaced the battery. The batteries are not any good, its hit and miss.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't believe the batteries aren't any good. I think that the engine Start / Stop system causes so much use of them, restarting the engine so many times a trip, that the battery wears out sooner than a vehicle without a battery based Restart system. Some other manufacturers restart the engine by shooting fuel into the cylinder nearest TDC and firing it. No battery used for the restart.

Notamastertech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I don't believe the batteries aren't any good. I think that the engine Start / Stop system causes so much use of them, restarting the engine so many times a trip, that the battery wears out sooner than a vehicle without a battery based Restart system. Some other manufacturers restart the engine by shooting fuel into the cylinder nearest TDC and firing it. No battery used for the restart.
The 12 volt battery and starter motor are only used on initial start-up, then the auto start/stop system restarts the engine using the 48 volt battery behind the rear seat to drive the generator and thus the crank. Until the ignition is cycled off, then the 12 volt battery and starter motor will start the engine again.