2019 Emissions Recall !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dexter Bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Just got my "Important Emissions Recall" notice for my 2019 3500 diesel. The notice says it is just a "software modification". Just wondering what the results of the update will be?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What is the recall number?

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
What is the recall number?

Emissions Recall VB6.

My worry is that, being an emissions recall, it will reduce performance, reduce MPG, increase DEF use, cause driveability issues, or any combination of the above. One only has to look at what happened to the Liberty CRD, and the infamous Ecodiesel to see the results of reflashes.

I will sit it out until I am certain what is going to happen.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I looked around all the other diesel forums I am on but can't get a definitive answer as to any "side effects" of having it done? But on the flip side no one has gotten an answer from FCA as to any reduction in HP etc because of this recall.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I looked around all the other diesel forums I am on but can't get a definitive answer as to any "side effects" of having it done? But on the flip side no one has gotten an answer from FCA as to any reduction in HP etc because of this recall.

FCA never admitted to it before. They certainly aren't about to start now. They have to make them meet the government standard, or face penalties. Our satisfaction is secondary to that.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Just got my "Important Emissions Recall" notice for my 2019 3500 diesel. The notice says it is just a "software modification". Just wondering what the results of the update will be?

Hey, Dexter Bob. We do recommend having your recall performed as soon as you can! If you need any assistance doing so, please send us a private message. This update was created because the vehicles must be updated with an upgraded calibration as required by the US Environmental Protection Agency, but if you have any further specific questions, we recommend contacting your dealer.

Kate
RamCares

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey, Dexter Bob. We do recommend having your recall performed as soon as you can! If you need any assistance doing so, please send us a private message. This update was created because the vehicles must be updated with an upgraded calibration as required by the US Environmental Protection Agency, but if you have any further specific questions, we recommend contacting your dealer.

Kate
RamCares
I don't think I will have the recall done just yet, I did not pay $80,000 for a truck to have it's balls cut off!

So the answer was yes to having its balls cut off....LOL

Blazin383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD

Kate
RamCares
I did call my dealer's service dept. and they had no information at all about how the reflash impacts the performance of the truck. Said they aren't told anything more than what the notices sent tot the owners say. I didn't pay $80k for a 400 hp /1000 tq truck to take it in a month later and have 10% whacked out of it to satisfy some CA driven EPA mandate. One thing is for sure, if the reflash was good for the performance of the truck FCA wouldn't be so quiet about it.

texcwa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L HO
I had the Emissions Recall VB6 performed on my 2019 3500 and did not notice any loss of performance in torque or HP BUT have noticed a big difference if both the usage of DPF fluid and DPF Regen. My truck which is not driven hard most of the time would have my DPF digital read out showing 1/4+ lit up after only a couple hundred miles and then the regen would kick in and zero it out. After having the recall performed I have not seen a lite on yet after a thousand miles of typical driving. I am starting to worry that something else is going on or has anyone else experiences that the DPF does not get dirty as quick requiring the regen after having this recall performed???.

JasonEckart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
2 months after this update my turbo seized and emission system plugged. Ram refused to cover this stating that they believed something to be in the fuel. My truck has now been in the shop since February 4th 2021!!! Ford will be my next truck for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963