2019 Etorque Alternator/Generator Repalcement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheldon66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all - My 2019 etorque alternator/gernerator/belt starter (what ever you want to call it) is making a whining noise. Have checked tensioner and idler and don't have issues there. When I spin the pulley there's a grinding noise. I called the dealer and was told it's ~$1400 and they can't locate one right now. I've called other dealers and get the same story. My question is do you know if I put a etorque alternator/gernerator/belt starter from a newer truck will it work? Has anyone tried swapping the bearings out on one of these? Currently has a part #05192368AH installed Thanks

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
It should be covered under warranty.
This post makes me think, why in the world would anyone buy into this
E-torque thing.........too complicated, costly to repair, little benefit.
Stay with KISS method.

edh13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
If there was a poll taken by eTorque owners you would find most didn’t buy-into it. It just happened to be installed on the truck they wanted.

thopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did not understand what I was buying in 2019...would not do it again because no benefit to the ET system.

thopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So only hemi's available in RAM trucks are E torque engines? Didn't know that. I have 52K miles on my 2019 and plan on getting rid of it while used car price/trade in money is still decent...not as high as a year ago but still decent. This e torque system makes me nervous especially after my one experience.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Further, as part of the Basic Limited Warranty, the Federal Emission Warranty covers the following parts of the Ram eTorque system for eight years/80,000 miles, whichever comes first.

• Belt Driven Hybrid Starter Generator Assembly
  • Catalytic Converter
  • Powertrain Control Module
  • Power Pack Unit - 48 Volts

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I looked these up one time and the MGU (Motor Generator Unit) you're talking about, wasn't very expensive from LKQOnline.com used, with a warranty. Once I priced the parts used, I wasn't worried about replacing things after the warranty is gone.